Mr Simon Ruben
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon
MB, BS, BSc, DO, FRCS, FRCOpth, MD
Practices at: BMI Southend Private Hospital
Mr Ruben has a wealth of experience in the field of cataract surgery including the use of multifocal lenses for spectacle independence and toric lenses for the treatment of astigmatism. He also has a wide experience of more complex cataract cases including trauma and glaucoma. Mr Ruben is a fellowship training specialist in glaucoma, keeping up to date with latest trends in diagnosis and management of this very common condition. He has over 20 years experience in the medical and surgical treatment of glaucoma (both simple and complex cases) and in combined surgery for cataract with glaucoma.
Proficient in all aspects of cataract surgery having performed over 10,000 procedures including complex cases with audited results well above the national average.
- All aspects of cataract surgery including toric and multifocal lens implants
- Diagnosis and management of glaucoma including laser and surgical treatments
- Combined glaucoma and cataract surgery
- Use of Xen MIGS device for glaucoma
- British Medical Association
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Glaucoma Society of UK and Eire
- Society of Apothecaries of London (Freeman of the City of London)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)