Mr Karamanakos completed fellowships in gastrointestinal surgery at Whipps Cross Hospital and Kings College Hospital in London. He has attended advanced laparoscopic surgery courses at the world-renowned centre IRCAD/EITS in Strasbourg France.
Mr Karamanakos has been awarded a PhD with honours for his work in bariatric surgery and gastrointestinal hormones. His research has been published extensively in renowned medical journals like 'The Annals of Surgery’ and his work is widely published in peer-reviewed international medical journals.
Mr Karamanakos is an active Editorial Board Member of many surgical journals, and he has been an invited speaker in many international surgical and medical meetings and congresses and has received multiple awards and distinctions for his academic work.
Mr Karamanakos currently works at the Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals. As the only upper gastrointestinal surgeon on site he deals with the majority of patients referred with gallstone disease, abdominal wall hernias and complex upper gastrointestinal conditions.
Upper Gastrointestinal Surgery including:
- Gastrectomies (removal of stomach)
- Paraoesophageal hernia repair
- Anti-Reflux Surgery (treatment of heartburn)
- Repair of abdominal wall hernias (inguinal, umbilical, incisional)
- Cholecystectomies (removal of rallbladder)
- Common bile duct explorations (removal of stones from bile ducts)
- EAES (European Association of Endoscopic Surgery)
- IFSO (International Federation for the surgery of Obesity & Metabolic disorders)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)