Mr Stephen Porter
BSc, MBBS, MRCOG, LLM, PGDip (Gynae Endoscopy), FRCOG
Practices at: BMI The Duchy Hospital
After graduating from St Georges’ Hospital Medical School in London in 1992, Mr Porter undertook postgraduate training in some of the leading centres in the United Kingdom, including Queen Charlotte’s & Hammersmith Hospitals, London.
He completed his specialist training leading to CCST (Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training) in the North West Thames Deanery in 2003.
He was appointed as Consultant in 2004 and elected as a Fellow of The Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (FRCOG) in 2013. In 2012 he was awarded a post graduate diploma with distinction, in advanced gynaecological endoscopy, from the University of Surrey.
Mr Porter has extensive experience and has performed over 1200 advanced laparoscopic procedures including more than 500 total laparoscopic hysterectomies. His special interests include Endometriosis, pelvic pain, menstrual disorders, ovarian cysts, fibroids, colposcopy and peri-menopausal health.
As well as providing clinical and surgical expertise, he recognises the importance of ensuring that his patients are heard and that they are given the time needed to understand their condition and to make informed decisions about the treatment options available.
This was recognised in 2018 when he received the Primrose Award for providing outstanding patient care. He was also featured in a BBC news item on Endometriosis surgery in 2019.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (FRCOG)
- Member of the British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopists (BSGE)
- Member of the British Gynaecological Cancer Society (BGCS)
- Member of the British Society for the Study of Vulval Disease (BSVVD)
- Member of the British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (BSCCP)
- Member of the British Menopause Society (BMS)
- Menstrual disorders
- Pelvic pain and endometriosis
- Womb and/or vaginal prolapse
- Ovarian cysts
- Gynaecological cancer investigations
- Menopausal health
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Vaginal and Abdominal hysterectomy
- Removal of fibroids: open and laparoscopic
- Laparoscopic treatment of endometriosis (excisional treatment)
- Laparoscopic ovarian cyst surgery
- Prolapse repair
Gynae conditions NOT treated:
- Female incontinence
Current NHS and /or University Posts
Airedale NHS Foundation Trust
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)