Mr Stuart McKirdy
Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeon
MBCHB FRCS MPhil FRCS(Plast)
Practices at: BMI The Lancaster Hospital
Mr Stuart McKirdy started as a doctor in 1994 and commenced surgical training in 1995. In 2006 he qualified as a plastic surgeon obtaining his FRCS (Plast). This confirms he has had training and been examined in all aspects of plastic and cosmetic surgery. As a result he is on the specialist GMC registrar for plastic surgery and works as a consultant plastic surgeon in the NHS at Royal Preston Hospital and Lancaster Royal Infirmary.
During his training he undertook a Master of Philosophy 2 year research degree into methods of controlling and improving wound healing and scarring. Mr Stuart McKirdy has written and presented work internationally and this continues to be a major interest.
He is married to a fantastic wife (Lindsey) who has had over 20 years experience in plastic surgery as a nurse. They have 2 wonderful children, and supports the Scottish Rugby Team.
His interests in aesthetic surgery are wide spread and he prides himself on getting to know his patients, and ensuring surgery, if required, is tailored to their individual needs.
The following list is not exhaustive, but indicative of Mr Stuart McKirdy's interests
- Skin - lumps, bumps, moles, scar revision, wrinkles and lines, laser resurfacing, skin cancers
- Breast - reduction, augmentation (enlargement), mastopexy (uplift), reconstruction (following breast cancer)
- Face - lines and wrinkles, eyelid surgery
- Body contouring - abdominoplasty (tummytuck), arm reduction, thigh lift, buttock lift, body lift
- All aspects of aesthetic and cosmetic surgery including breast enlargement, reduction and uplift, facial rejuvenation, eyelid surgery, body contouring including arm lift, thigh lift and tummy tuck and skin surgery including lumps and bumps, scar revision and laser treatments.
- Reconstructive surgery including breast reconstruction, skin cancer surgery and hand surgery.
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)