Mr Sudipto Bhatta
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon
MBBS, MS, FRCOphth
Practices at: BMI Albyn Hospital
He specialises in long term glaucoma care by utilising modern diagnostic techniques for monitoring purposes and treating glaucoma patients with conventional and newer glaucoma surgeries (including minimally invasive glaucoma surgery) and SLT laser procedures.
Following the completion of his ophthalmology training in the Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, Mr Bhatta completed one year of an advanced subspecialty training fellowship in glaucoma in the St James’s University Hospital, Leeds. He also holds a Master’s degree in Ophthalmology from the University of Calcutta, India.
He regularly delivers talks in regional and national meetings, as well as having had publications in various scientific journals. During his tenure in Hull, the department has been the recipient of the International Glaucoma Association award in 2016 for the best glaucoma unit voted by UK patients. He has held a managerial post as a Clinical Governance Lead and an educational post as the Royal College tutor. He currently holds an Honorary Lecturer post with the University of Aberdeen.
Mr Bhatta is based in Aberdeen along with his family. He enjoys playing badminton and tennis for leisure and loves fine dining and Indian cuisine.
- Cataract Surgery:
- Micro-incision Phacoemulsification Cataract surgery
- Complex Cataract surgery in Glaucoma patients
- Laser capsulotomy
- Glaucoma Laser Treatment & Surgery:
- Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty (SLT), Laser Iridotomy, Cyclodiode Laser
- Trabeculectomy glaucoma filtration surgery
- Micro-invasive Glaucoma surgery (Xen implant)
- Glaucoma Drainage Device (Ahmed’s valve)
- Eyelid Surgery:
- Fellow, Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London, UK
- UK & Eire Glaucoma Society
- European Glaucoma Society
- North of England Ophthalmological Society
- General Medical Council
- Medical & Dental Defence Union of Scotland
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)