Dr Sue Peacock
Consultant Health Psychologist
PhD, MSc, BSc (Hons), CP sychol, AFBPsS
Practices at: BMI The Saxon Clinic
In addition to her NHS post she also runs a private practice, providing specialist psychological therapy. The focus is on improving people’s ability to manage their health conditions and adjust to the different circumstances and challenges faced, so that stress reduces and the quality of their general life can improve. The ultimate aim is to enable clients to live fulfilling lives despite their health conditions.
Dr Sue Peacock will assess your difficulties with you by making a working partnership: you bring all your expertise about you and she will bring her experience and training in a variety of psychological approaches. Then, if it’s appropriate, she will develop a psychotherapy intervention specific to you as an individual, couple, family, group or organisation.
In addition to her clinical practice, Dr Sue Peacock regularly lectures and contributes to national and international study days and conferences. Dr Sue Peacock is also a published author, both in terms of research papers and her latest book ‘Sleeping with Pain’.
- Chronic pain
- Preparing for surgery
- Dental anxiety
- Long term health conditions (such as chronic pain, arthritis, chronic fatigue, cancer, etc)
- Low self- esteem / confidence
- Sleeping problems
- Smoking cessation
- Sports motivation and performance
- Weight loss
- Work related issues
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Trauma Resolution
Dr Sue Peacock's research interests focus mainly on chronic pain and sleep recently.
Current NHS and /or University Posts
- Consultant Health Psychologist at Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Publications and Press
- Registered with the Health Care Professions Council
- Associate Fellow of British Psychological Society
- Member of BPS Division of Health Psychology
- Associate member of Faculty of Clinical Health Psychology
- Member of the British Pain Society
- Member of the British Pain Society's Special Interest Groups (Pain Management Programmes; Older People; Medico-legal and Information; Communication Technology)
- Registered with the General Hypnotherapy Register
- Member of the EMDR Association in the UK and Ireland
- Member of British Society for Clinical & Academic Hypnotherapy
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)