Mr Suku George
MBBS MD MRCOG RCOG
Practices at: BMI The Alexandra Hospital
Mr George is a Consultant Gynaecologist and the lead for Gynaecological Oncology and Endometriosis service at the Stockport NHS Foundation Trust. He practices at Stepping Hill Hospital and BMI The Alexandra Hospital
Mr George carried out his initial training in India and undertook further specialist training in UK and the United States, where he was awarded the prestigious UICC Fellowship to work at Washington University in St Louis. His primary interests are in keyhole surgery for variety of gynaecological conditions, one stop management of women's health problems and he has a special interest in the management of pelvic pain and endometriosis.
He provides comprehensive one stop clinic services for women with gynaecological problems such as menstrual irregularities, pelvic pain, post-menopausal bleeding, menopausal symptoms and abnormal cervical smears. He also offers a comprehensive one stop service for ovarian and cervical cancer screening.
Dr George is an accredited Endometriosis Surgeon and leads the Stockport Endometriosis Centre, a tertiary referral service for complex cases. He works with a range of experts to offer a holistic care pathway for pelvic pain and collaborates with surgical specialists in Colorectal surgery and Urology when radical surgery for endometriosis is required.
He believes in holistic ,patient centred care and offers one stop services for rapid diagnosis with fewer visits and minimal access approach when surgery is required to enable quicker return to normal activities. He is skilled in conventional laparoscopic and Da Vinci Robotic Surgery and offers this for all major gynaecological operations where appropriate.
He is an accredited trainer by RCOG, BSGE and BSCCP and continues to teach advanced laparoscopic surgery to both trainee doctors and consultants in national and international courses and workshops. He has lectured widely and considers it a privilege to train a new generation of doctors and specialist nurses.
- Endometriosis and Pelvic Pain
- Key hole surgery (Laparoscopic and Robotic surgery)
- One stop clinics for abnormal smears, Heavy or abnormal bleeding, Menopause and post-menopausal bleeding
- Key hole surgery for fibroids, heavy periods, adhesions, ovarian cysts, pelvic pain, endometriosis, and early uterus and cervical cancer
- Non-surgical treatment for heavy periods, fibroids, menopause, pelvic pain. Cervical and Ovarian cancer screening including colposcopy and treatment for abnormal smears, and risk reduction strategies
- Emergency management of Bartholin's Cysts (including outpatient treatment), early pregnancy problems, and management of miscarriage.
- Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists
- British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy
- European Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy
- American Academy of Gynaecological Laparoscopists
- British Society of Cervical Pathology & Colposcopy
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with the BMI card and spread the cost over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)