Mr Farooq is a Consultant General Surgeon with special interest in Colorectal and Endocrine Surgery. He qualified from King Edward Medical College, Lahore, Pakistan in 1992. He carried out his General Surgery training in Pakistan at Mayo Hospital Lahore, a tertiary referral centre opened in 1871, and is a very busy and reputable institution of Pakistan. During this training, he rotated not only through the specialties of General Surgery but also in Orthopaedics, Urology, Paediatric, Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery. He gained significant experience in dealing with war time injuries and major trauma, which were referred to this hospital at that time from the conflict zones in Pakistan, during his training. At the completion of his higher surgical training, he passed the Fellowship Exit Examination in General Surgery from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Pakistan (FCPS) in March 2000. Later he worked in Pakistan for three years before he came to UK and did his Fellowship Diploma (FRCS) from The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2003.
He did Fellowship for a year in Kidney Transplant Surgery and Vascular Access Surgery at The Royal London and St. Bartholomew’s Hospital London in 2004-5. During this fellowship, he was a part of multi-organ transplant retrieval team and carried out complete cadaveric kidney transplants himself.
Afterwards he took a permanent NHS post at the Barking Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals, Romford, Essex, UK, where he worked for more than 12 years. Majority of his work here was in Emergency, Colorectal and Endocrine Surgery. He did Intercollegiate Board FRCS (Gen. Surg) in 2011.
Mr Farooq has moved to the Private Healthcare sector completely for the last three years. Here he offers, treatments and tests, mostly as day case i.e. a patient receives a treatment or a test, and goes home on the same day. His services are only at the Covid Green sites i.e. where patients are screened to be Covid 19 negative 72 hours before they come for the treatment or a test, and they isolate during this time hence reducing the Covid 19 risk. He can arrange appointments for consultation, both face to face or on telephone, and offer treatments very early as working in the Private Healthcare sector only, gives him more flexibility.
Mr Farooq has keen interest in General Surgery, Colorectal Surgery, Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery and offers his services in the treatment of conditions in these fields.
He also offers to carry out Colonoscopy, Flexible Sigmoidoscopy and Gastroscopy (OGD).
- Gall bladder Surgery – (Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy - Keyhole operation to remove gall bladder)
- Hernia Surgery: Groin hernia (Inguinal, Femoral), Belly button hernia (Umbilical/ Paraumbilical), Abdominal wall hernia (Epigastric, Ventral, Spigelian etc.)
- Appendix removal
- Skin lesions and lumps removal
- Ingrowing toe nail – wedge resection/ removal
- Haemorrhoids: Banding/ Injection treatment, Haemorrhoidal Artery Ligation – HALO/THD operation, Stapled Hamorrhoidectomy, Open Hamorrhoidectomy
- Anal fissure: Botox, Sphincterotomy
- Anal Fistula treatment
- Pilonidal sinus treatment
- Removal of anal skin tags
- Treatment of other minor Ano-rectal conditions
- Colorectal cancer
- Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery (Minimally Invasive Parathyroidectomy)
- Gastroscopy (OGD)
- Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
- The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- British Medical Association
- British Hernia Society
- Medical Protection Society
- General Medical Council