Dr Suranjan Ghoshal
MBBS, DGO, DNBOG, FRCOG, PGCERT(M Ed)
Practices at: BMI The Highfield Hospital
After the qualifying MBBS examination in 1985 and a subsequent internship, Dr Ghoshal underwent intensive training in gynaecology and obstetrics and attained a number of postgraduate qualifications (DGO, DICOG, DNB-OG) in the specialty. He obtained Membership of the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (MRCOG) in 1996 and after completing his higher training was awarded CCT in 2006.
Dr Ghoshal now has a total of over 35 years of clinical experience. Out of this, about 32 years were in gynaecology and obstetrics, working at various levels including DGHs, tertiary referral centres and teaching hospitals. He has been a NHS consultant since 2006 and was awarded a Fellowship (FRCOG) in 2012 for his contributions to Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
Dr Ghoshal completed special skills training in urodynamics in 2006 and was awarded an SSM certificate by RCOG.
He also Completed an SSM in Medical Education with RCOG and later attained Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education from Edge Hill University, Lancashire.
He is an Examiner for Manchester University, GMC & Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (RCOG).
Dr Ghoshal has a lovely family, with his wife working at the NHS and his son studying Medicine at Cambridge University. He loves spending time with his family including travelling within and outside the UK. He enjoys playing badminton and also loves to restore old electrical appliances for the household and friends in his spare time.
- In addition to offering consultation, investigation and management for general gynaecological problems (abnormal bleeding, subfertility, sexual healthcare, recurrent miscarriage and menopause, etc), Dr Ghoshal provides consultation for his sub-speciality interest in Urogynaecology. These include vaginal prolapse symptoms (a lump like sensation, heaviness, looseness, gaping), vulval symptoms (soreness, ulcer, torn labia), urinary incontinence (physical activity or urgency related) and urodynamic investigation.
Dr Ghoshal performs general and specialised gynaecological surgeries including hysteroscopy, vulvo-vaginal reconstructive surgery including prolapsed repair and vaginal hysterectomy, incontinence surgery, laparoscopic and abdominal gynaecological surgeries like hysterectomies and ovarian cyst management, etc.
- General Medical Council
- British Medical Association
- The British Society of Urogynaecology
- The British Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy
- British International Doctors Association
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)