Mr Suresh Pillai qualified with Masters in General Surgery in India in 1990 and completed Higher Surgical Training in Colorectal, Laparoscopic and General Surgery in the United Kingdom at Southampton General Hospital and other hospitals in the Wessex region. He undertook research into the role of Nicotine enemas, in the treatment of Ulcerative Colitis and was one of the PIs for the eTHOS trial (a pan European RCT on treatment for haemorrhoids)
Mr Pillai started his career as an NHS Consultant Surgeon at Lincoln County Hospital in August 2005 and started his private practicing privileges at The Lincoln BMI Hospital in December 2005. He was the Clinical Lead for Colorectal and General Surgery at Lincoln County Hospital for 7 years.
Mr Pillai maintains a specialist interest in Medical Education and has been the module lead for Nottingham Medical Students since 2008 and he will be extending that to students from Lincoln Medical School in the next 2 years.
- Anal fistula Surgery
- HALO, Stapled haemorrhoid surgery, Conventional haemorrhoid surgery
- Hernia operations – Inguinal, femoral, umbilical, incisional hernia
- Key hole gall bladder surgery
- Limberg Flap for complex pilonidal sinus disease
- Open and keyhole surgical procedures for all forms of colonic, rectal and small bowel cancers in the NHS and selected cases in the private sector.
- Rectal prolapsed surgery
- Surgical treatment of inflammatory bowel disorders
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- European Society of Coloproctology
- Alliance Medical Indemnity