Mr Suresh Pillai
Consultant General & Colorectal Surgeon
BSc, MBBS, MS, DNB, FRCS, FRCS (Gen Surg)Â
Practices at: BMI The Lincoln Hospital
Mr Suresh Pillai qualified with Masters in General Surgery in India in 1990 and completed Higher Surgical Training in Colorectal, Laparoscopic and General Surgery in the United Kingdom at Southampton General Hospital and other hospitals in the Wessex region. He undertook research into the role of Nicotine enemas, in the treatment of Ulcerative Colitis and was one of the PIs for the eTHOS trial (a pan European RCT on treatment for haemorrhoids)
Mr Pillai started his career as an NHS Consultant Surgeon at Lincoln County Hospital in August 2005 and started his private practicing privileges at The Lincoln BMI Hospital in December 2005. He was the Clinical Lead for Colorectal and General Surgery at Lincoln County Hospital for 7 years.
Mr Pillai maintains a specialist interest in Medical Education and has been the module lead for Nottingham Medical Students since 2008 and he will be extending that to students from Lincoln Medical School in the next 2 years.
- Anal fistula Surgery
- HALO, Stapled haemorrhoid surgery, Conventional haemorrhoid surgery
- Hernia operations – Inguinal, femoral, umbilical, incisional hernia
- Key hole gall bladder surgery
- Limberg Flap for complex pilonidal sinus disease
- Open and keyhole surgical procedures for all forms of colonic, rectal and small bowel cancers in the NHS and selected cases in the private sector.
- Rectal prolapsed surgery
- Surgical treatment of inflammatory bowel disorders
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- European Society of Coloproctology
- Alliance Medical Indemnity
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Colorectol Cancer Surgery
- Pilonidal Sinus Disease
- 5 years experience as a Consultant in India, 12 years in UK with last two years as a Consultant Colorectal Surgeon in Lincoln County Hospital
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow,
- Medical Defence Union
- Association of Coloprotologists of GB&IÂ
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)