Mr Sylvester Amamilo
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
BSc(Hons), MCh.Orth, FRCS, FICS
Practices at: BMI The London Independent Hospital
Mr Amamilo was also Senior Lecturer and Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at the University of Nigeria Medical School and Teaching Hospital for 5 years. During this period he was requested, and attended to the orthopaedic ailments of the then President of Nigeria- Hon. Dr Nnamdi Azikiwe.
On his return to UK in 1993 to current day, Mr Amamilo worked in both NHS and Private Hospitals as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon with special interest in joint replacements- Hip and knee. Mr Amamilo has particular interest in knee arthroscopies under local anaesthesia for suitable patients who are not keen on general anaesthesia.
Mr Amamilo is also keen on Medico-Legal Reports, having completed the necessary training for Law Society Expert Witness and, of recent, the necessary training to acquire the University of Cardiff Law School Expert Certificate, which was awarded to Mr Amamilo in June 2008.
Mr Amamilo was also recognised by The Marquis Who is Who in the world Publication's Board that listed his profile in the 2012 '29th Edition' stating that the inclusion is limited to those individuals who have demonstrated outstanding achievement in their own fields of endeavour and who have, thereby, contributed significantly to the betterment of contemporary society.
- Joint Replacements (hips and knees)
- Knee Arthroscopies
- Carpal Tunnel
- Foot Surgery Medico-Legal
- Fully trained and registered in the GMC Specialist Register in the field of Orthopaedics & Trauma
- Fellow of the British Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow of the International College of Surgeons
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine -Orthopaedic Section
- Member of Gidlestone Orthopaedic Society of Oxford
- Member MCh.(Orth.) Society
- Registered at Hip and Knee network.co.uk
- Accredited BUPA Partnership Consultant
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)