Dr Tim Cross
Consultant in Liver Medicine (Hepatology)
BMedSci (hons), MB BS, MD, FRCP
Practices at: BMI The Alexandra Hospital
He undertook his postgraduate research in non-invasive assessment of liver damage at and was awarded his doctor of medicine degree (MD) in 2009. He was a consultant at the Southwest liver unit in Plymouth from 2009 before taking up his current post in Liverpool in 2012.
He has published over 100 peer reviewed abstract and publications and has edited one text book on liver medicine and is due to publish a second book on liver cancers in 2018.
He is current secretary of the British Association for the Study of the Liver (BASL) and a committee member of HCC-UK, a UK special interest group researching in hepatocellular carcinoma.
He has introduced the first private fibroscan machine outside of London.
- Investigation of abnormal liver blood test
- Fibroscan: non-invasive assessment of liver damage
- Fatty liver disease
- Alcohol related liver disease
- Autoimmune liver disease: autoimmune hepatitis, primary biliary cholangitis, primary sclerosing cholangitis
- Viral hepatitis
- Metabolic liver diseases: alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency, Haemochromatosis, Wilsons disease
- Cardiac liver damage
- Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)
- Diagnostic gastroscopy (including variceal band ligation and glue injection)
- Diagnostic colonoscopy: biopsies and polypectomy
- Hepatocellular carcinoma (hepatoma), predictors of prognosis in liver cirrhosis and mechanisms of kidney injury in advanced liver disease
- Royal College of Physicians
- British Association for the Study of the Liver
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- European Association for the Study of the Liver
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)