Professor Timothy Magee
Consultant Vascular Surgeon
Practices at: Circle Reading Hospital
Professor Magee is a Vascular Surgeon and a specialist in treating patients with varicose veins. He has been treating patients with varicose veins since 1988 and has been a Consultant Surgeon at the Royal Berkshire Hospital since 1996. He was appointed Consultant Vascular Surgeon at Oxford University Hospitals in 2012 where he is a Senior Surgeon in the Thames Valley Vascular Network.
He trained in Bristol, Exeter and Oxford. He has been a Council Member of the Venous Forum of the Royal Society of Medicine and is a Member of the British Association of Sclerotherapists.
Professor Magee has held and holds many managerial and academic posts including; College Tutor, Examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, Examiner for the University of Oxford, Lead Clinician for Surgery, Divisional Director of Surgery, Chair of the Oxford Regional Blood Transfusion Committee and Member of the National Blood Transfusion Committee.
Professor Magee specialises in:
- Minimally invasive varicose vein surgery
- Local and general anaesthetic vein treatments including foam sclerotherapy
- Endovenous ablation using laser, radiofrequency ablation and glue (cyanoacrylate)
- Arterial surgery. Including carotid, aortic (Open and Endovascular repair) surgery and surgery for leg ischaemia
- Deep venous disease
- Venous ulcers
- Spider and thread veins of the legs treatment using microinjection sclerotherapy
- Veinwave treatment of red veins of the face
His main interests outside surgery are country pursuits, fishing and motorcycles.
- Consultant Vascular Surgeon at John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford
- Professor at the School of Computing and Engineering at University of West London
He has published research based on the following clinical activities:
Treatment of venous disease: laser treatment, radiofrequency ablation (RFA), glue (cyanoacrylate), foam sclerotherapy, microinjection sclerotherapy of leg spider veins, Veinwave of facial thread veins.
Treatment of arterial disease: aortic aneurysm repair, (open and endovascular), carotid surgery, leg bypass surgery, arterial stenting.
Professor Magee has published over 100 peer-reviewed papers on vascular and general surgery. He is editor of several books and a contributing author in others.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- The Vascular Society
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- European Society for Vascular Surgery
- The Venous Forum
- The Royal Society of Medicine
- British Association of Sclerotherapists
- Bronze National ACCEA Award 2018 – 2013
- Syme Professor, Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1987
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)