Mr Tony Andrade
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practices at: Circle Reading Hospital
Mr Andrade has a specialist interest in the Young Adult Hip, having established a hip arthroscopy service in Reading, in 2002, and is widely considered to be a UK pioneer of hip arthroscopy. He is a board member of ISHA – The Hip Preservation Society and is on the Non-Arthroplasty Hip Registry (NAHR) user group for the British Hip Society.
He is regularly invited to lecture nationally and internationally on hip preservation topics, and to teach on national and international hip arthroscopy and arthroplasty courses. He has multiple publications in peer reviewed journals on these topics.
He is married and has three sons and so now enjoys watching his sons developing expertise in their own preferred sports.
- Young adult hip problems including hip arthroscopy and corrective osteotomies
- Arthroscopic knee surgery including ligament reconstruction and patellofemoral stabilisation
- Primary hip replacement, revision hip and knee replacement surgery including hip resurfacing
Tony Andrade completed an MSc in Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Technology from the University of Dundee in 2004, with a dissertation on "The Tensile Properties of the Medial Patellofemoral Ligament".
His research interests include:
- Femoroacetabular impingement - natural history, pathoanatomy and the effects of arthroscopic surgical treatments
- Prevention and treatment of infection in Orthopaedic Surgery
- BMA (British Medical Association)
- BOA (British Orthopaedic Association)
- ESSKA (European Society of Sports Traumatology Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy)
- ISHA (International Society for Hip Arthroscopy)
- AOAA (AO Alumni Association)
- AAOS (American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons - Affiliate)
- BASK (British Association for Surgery of the Knee)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)