Mr Usman Hussain
MBBS, BSc (Hons), PGCME, FRCOphth
Practices at: BMI St Edmunds Hospital
During his Ophthalmic training in the East of England Mr Hussain was awarded the John Cairns Memorial prize and the Marie Comer prize from the Cambridge University Hospitals Trust for his research projects in Ophthalmology.
Mr Hussain has trained with Professor John Dart (Moorfields Eye Hospital) in corneal disease, Professor Madhavan Rajan (Addenbrookes Hospital) in corneal and cataract surgery and Professor Rajesh Aggarwal (Southend University Hospital) in laser assisted cataract surgery and advanced techniques in partial thickness corneal graft surgery. He has a strong interest in medical education and is the Ophthalmology College Tutor at West Suffolk Hospital.
He also sits on the East of England School of Ophthalmology Training Committee and runs the Ophthalmology exit examination course for the East of England Deanery.
- Corneal & external eye disease
- Endothelial corneal graft surgery
- Deep anterior lamellar corneal graft surgery
- Full thickness corneal graft surgery
- Corneal collagen cross linking therapy
- Pterygium surgery
- Superficial keratectomy surgery
- Complex cataract surgery
- Refractive cataract surgery with premium intra-ocular lens implants
- Surgical correction of refractive errors
- Dry Eye
- Fellow of Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Member of the United Kingdom & Ireland Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons
- Member of the European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons
- Member of the British Medical Association
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)