Mr Venkatadri Sampat is a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon specialising in complex Cataract Surgery, Diabetic Retinopathy, Age Related Macular Degeneration, YAG laser procedures including SLT for glaucoma, blepharoplasty and also minor lid procedures.
He trained as a specialist registrar in the West Midlands and completed a medical retina fellowship at the Moorfields Eye Hospital in London before taking up the post of Consultant at Kettering General Hospital. He is currently the joint clinical lead for macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy and has been responsible for jointly setting-up the macular degeneration service at KGH, a service which has successfully restored sight in many of its patients. His team has been nominated on three occasions for the national Macular Society excellence award.
Mr Sampat leads the retinopathy of prematurity service, which aims to diagnose and treat premature babies when abnormal blood vessels and scar tissue grow over the retina. This has consistently scored 100% in the national Commissioning for Quality and Innovation (CQUIN) report which measures the overall quality and improvement of a service.
He is also proficient in managing diabetic retinopathy including retinal Argon laser surgery and is trained in treating dry macular degeneration with telescopic lens implantation called the IOLVIP.
Mr Sampat holds regular clinics at The Three Shires Hospital for private insured and self-pay patients. Please book an appointment on the link above or by calling the hospital directly on 01604 620311.
- Cataract including multi-focal intraocular lens surgery
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Age Related Macular Degeneration
- Upper eyelid surgery/ Blepharoplasty
- Minor lid procedures
- YAG laser procedures including SLT for glaucoma
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists London (FRCO)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (FRCSEd)
- Member of the British Medical Association
- Member of British Mensa High IQ Society
- Microsurgical course faculty at the Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London
NHS and/or University Posts
- Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at the Kettering General Hospital Foundation Trust
- Appraiser at the Kettering General Hospital Foundation Trust
- Examiner at the Leicester Medical School