Mr Vijay Hegde
Consultant Ophthalmologist, Cataract and Vitreoretinal Surgeon
MBBS, MS, FRCSEd, FRCOphth
Practices at: BMI Albyn Hospital
Mr Hegde specialises in performing complex cataract surgery including topical or no needle cataract surgery. His routine practice involves micro incision with full choice of intraocular lenses to reduce spectacle dependency and he is one of the early adopters of latest ophthalmic technologies, using sutureless, local anaesthetic vitrectomy for an early post-operative recovery.
Mr Hegde has numerous publications and presentations under his name. He is recognised as a surgical trainer both for cataract and vitreoretinal surgery by the Royal College of Ophthalmologists. He is actively involved in training medical students, nurses and optometrists and is a faculty examiner in the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh. He is currently the Regional Training Advisor for Royal College of Ophthalmologists.
- Cataract Surgery: Refractive cataract surgery with array of latest intraocular lenses, Complex cataract surgery
- Vitreoretinal Surgery: Retinal detachment and Epiretinal membrane
- Retinal Disorders: Age related macular degeneration, Retinal vein occlusion and Diabetic retinopathy
- Intravitreal Therapy: Anti-VEGF injections and Steroids
- Lasers: Laser surgery for diabetic retinopathy and Glaucoma
- General Ophthalmology: Dry eyes, Watery eyes, Lumps and bumps on lids, Glaucoma
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London
- British and Eire Association of Vitreoretinal Surgeons (BEAVRS)
- Scottish Ophthalmology Club (SOC)
- American Academy of Ophthalmologists (AAO)
- Honorary senior Lecturer, University of Aberdeen
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ASCRS)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)