Mr Winston Justin
MBBS, DGO, MRCOG, FRCOG
Practices at: BMI The Duchy Hospital
He obtained his medical degree from Kilpauk Medical College in Chennai, India. A passion for women’s health led him to pursue postgraduate training at one of the busiest medical colleges in India, Madras Medical College. He then completed his specialist training leading to CCT (Certificate of completion of training) under the London Deanery. He underwent a fellowship in infertility and assisted conception at the Centre of Reproductive Medicine at St Bartholomew’s Hospital. He developed a keen interest in minimal access gynaecology and underwent advanced training in laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery by experts in the field. He underwent extensive surgical training by leading surgeons in the UK, France, Germany, Italy and India.
Mr Justin was appointed as a consultant gynaecologist with special interest in fertility and minimal access gynaecology at Southend Hospital in Essex in 2009. In 2016 he moved to take up a post at Harrogate Hospital where he specialises in minimal access gynaecology and is the lead for gynae oncology.
Mr Justin is a keen teacher of gynaecological surgery. He is an honorary senior lecturer at the Anglia Ruskin University and has taught on the MCh programme in minimal access and robotic surgery offered by the University. He is the supervisor for senior trainees who undergo the advanced training module (ATSM) in gynae surgery offered by the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG). He regularly teaches at various national and international courses and meetings. Mr Justin has published a number of papers in medical journals and book chapters in medical textbooks.
Mr Justin is passionate about holistic healthcare for women. His emphasis is on offering a very personalised assessment and treatment plan in close partnership with your GP. His skills in minimal access gynaecology, attention to detail and exemplary safety record will help accelerate your recovery and return to normalcy following treatment. His patients describe him as “calm, and reassuring”, “polite and professional” and that they “felt at ease with him”.
Urgent appointment outside of scheduled clinics is available on request.
- British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy (BSGE)
- British Fertility Society (BFS)
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG)
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL)
- Federation of Obstetric and Gynaecological Societies of India (FOGSI)
Conditions treated / procedures offered
- Heavy, painful or abnormal periods
- Fertility assessment investigations - both male and female
- PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome)
- Gynaecological cancer investigations
- Pelvic pain and endometriosis
- Ovarian cysts
- Painful sexual intercourse
- Abnormal vaginal discharge
- Bleeding after menopause (post-menopausal bleeding)
- Female hormone problems and menopause
- Miscarriage and recurrent miscarriage investigations and treatment
- Womb prolapse (Mr Justin does not carry out any mesh surgery for prolapse)
- Postnatal problems / assessments
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy (removal of womb)
- Laparoscopic myomectomy (removal of fibroids)
- Laparoscopic treatment of endometriosis
- Hysteroscopic treatment of polyps, fibroids, scar tissue and septum
- Laparoscopic ovarian cyst surgery
- Laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery for blocked fallopian tubes
- Laparoscopic tubal reversal surgery
- Prolapse repair and pelvic floor reconstruction
- Fertility scanning including checking of fallopian tubes (Hycosy, HSG)
- Vaginal and Abdominal hysterectomy
Gynae conditions / treatments NOT managed/offered
- Female incontinence
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)