Mr Y. Afifi has over 25 years of experience in specialised laparoscopic and reproductive surgeries. He has his PhD from the University of Birmingham and obtained extensive specialised training in minimal invasive surgery. He is the director of the Birmingham Endometriosis Centre and lead consultant of the reproductive surgery unit in Birmingham Women’s Hospital. He receives regional and national referral of patients needs a specialised laparoscopic surgery for management of complex endometriosis, infertility, fibroid, recurrent miscarriage and ovarian problems.
He introduced ovarian tissue autografting for patients who opt for surgeries to remove their ovaries. The ovarian graft reversed the menopausal state without artificial hormone replacement. The technique was proven to be very successful with excellent patient satisfaction and led the way for the establishment of ovarian tissue freezing.
He is the chair of advanced training in the West Midland School and one of a handful of approved national trainers for advanced laparoscopic surgery. He invented a new surgical technique for safe and successful management of corneal ectopic pregnancy. He has also developed a technique of laparoscopic entry to eliminate the associated risk of injury. He is the author of 6 chapters and over 20 publications. He has been an invited speaker of over 50 international and national conferences. He is the director of 8 international courses for hand on training of different surgical skills.
- Endometriosis (Director of Birmingham endometriosis centre)
- Laparoscopic (key hole) gynaecological surgery including hysterectomy and myomectomy
- Reproductive surgery (Surgery to help woman to conceive) including reversal of sterilisation
- Fertility preservation (protecting fertility from ageing)
- Transabdominal cerclage (TAC): surgery to prevent miscarriage
- Comprehensive management of endometriosis including advanced stages. Mr Afifi Leads a national recognised endometriosis centre with outstanding results in term of quality of life and fertility outcome.
- Extensive experience in laparoscopic surgery for gynaecological problems including, hysterectomy , myomectomy, ovarian cystectomy, adhesiolysis and pain management. Mr Afifi is the lead consultant of complex benign gynaecology in the women’s hospital. He is an expert in key hole surgery to remove fibroid.
- Reproductive surgery (surgery to help woman to get pregnant).Mr Afifi is an international expert in reproductive surgery using minimal access approach. He provides tubal surgery including reversal of sterilisation, ovarian surgery including cyst and endometriosis and uterine surgery including fibroid, septum and niche.
- Surgery for recurrent miscarriage. Mr Afifi is a national expert in laparoscopic TAC to prevent miscarriage and preterm labour.
- Member of the Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists
- Member of the British Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy
- Member of the European Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)