At Eye Care Scotland we believe in being transparent with our prices, which includes all surgery and aftercare costs.
You can also spread the cost of your treatment with the BMI Card, which offers flexible finance options including 12 months interest free credit (0% representative).
||Specialist Optometrist Assessment
||Surgery (per eye)
|Laser Eye Surgery
|Lens Exchange Surgery
Laser eye surgery aims to correct errors of refraction (focus) in the eye, reducing or eliminating the need for glasses or contact lenses.
People choose to have laser eye and other laser surgery for different reasons. Some patients like the freedom of not needing to wear glasses or contact lenses. Some patients can’t tolerate contact lenses.
There are different ways that people can eliminate the need to wear glasses or contact lenses. Some patients are suited to laser eye surgery and others are not. We appreciate that having laser eye or refractive procedures are an important decision and therefore we want to make sure our patients are given the best possible assessment and advice by our expert team of highly skilled and experienced consultant eye surgeons.
We want you to make the right decision which sometimes might mean to advise against surgery. We pride ourselves in being open and honest at all times.
The range of services available at Eye Care Scotland are:
- Laser Eye Surgery – This is a common form of procedure for patients who have relatively low-medium prescription. It can be done in 2 forms, LASIK and LASEK.
- LASIK is when a very thin flap is created in the cornea by a precise laser beam and a different form of laser beam is used to shape the part of the cornea under the flap
- LASEK is when the specialised laser is used to shape the surface of the cornea without making the thin flap.
- Natural Lens Replacement Surgery (NLR) - This is similar to standard cataract surgery where the natural lens in the eye is replaced with an artificial premium lens implant. This is suitable for patients who are either very long or short sighted in whom laser eye surgery is not suitable.
- Natural lens enhancement surgery (NLE) - This involves inserting an implantable contact lens inside the eye, in contact with the top surface of the natural lens. This is suitable for patients under the age of 40 who do not currently need reading glasses.
We appreciate that having many options can be daunting and that’s why we always recommend that you come and see our consultant team who will assess and guide you on the most suitable option for your particular needs.
We also believe in giving you ample time to digest the information given and will discuss and agree your preferred follow up process with you at your consultation.