- Men's Health
- Women's Health
- Health and Wellbeing
- Consultant Q&A's
- Editor's Choice
Discuss your options with a consultant specialist
Cosmetic surgery is not a decision to be taken lightly so make sure you do your homework and you are fully prepared before you consultation with your plastic surgeon so you know the right questions to ask.
- 1Make sure you have clear reasons for wanting cosmetic surgery and ensure these reasons have been made by you and you alone. Spend some time considering whether surgery is right for you.
- 2Try to be certain it will improve your wellbeing and quality of life and consider whether now is the right time
- 3Ensure you receive a professional opinion to provide you with sound clinical advice. Your consultant plastic surgeon should be BAAPS or BAPRAS certified and on the GMC register.
- 4Find out about the surgeon's clinical history. What are your surgeon's results like? Do they publish corrective surgery statistics and collect patient satisfaction data?
- 5Some of our surgeons offer free mini consultations which may be helpful if you’re not sure of your options. Find out more about our free mini consultations and cosmetic events.
- 6Ensure you feel at ease with your consultant. Are they courteous and professional? Do they understand your concerns and desired outcomes? Do they clearly explain your options? Do they take photographs with signed consent?
- 7Research the procedure you intend to have thoroughly, ensuring you are aware of any possible complications. Your surgeon should not shy away from explaining the risks or complications of your procedure.
- 8Be clear of your desired outcomes and ensure you understand what results you can expect.
- 9If you are having implants, make sure you know how long they will last and if they will need to be replaced? Will there be any future costs?
- 10It is important to have the support you need before surgery, but have you considered post-surgery? What aftercare will be provided and who should you contact if you are concerned?
- 11Discuss prices and financial planning. We offer fixed price packages so there are no hidden costs and you can spread the cost of treatment over a 12 month period interest free should you wish.
- 12Don't feel pressurised to proceed after your first consultation, make sure you have a good think about whether surgery is right for you. It's always advised to have a cooling off period to be 100% sure.
If you decide to go ahead with cosmetic surgery, here are some of the reasons why you can rest assured you are in safe hands at BMI Healthcare:
- Consultant delivered treatments, supported by multi-disciplinary clinical teams
- Personalised treatment plans helping to achieve your desire outcomes
- Surgery is performed in a safe, private hospital environment, with low infection rates and 97.6% of patients rating their overall quality of care as excellent or very good*
- The reassurance of 6 months aftercare should you need it
- Fixed price packages mean no unexpected costs along the way
- You can even spread the cost of treatment with our 0% interest free BMI Card**
To find out more or to book a consultation please call our friendly advisor team on
0800 142 2324
or make an online enquiry.