Dieticians support clients to promote better health, reduce risk of chronic diseases and help to manage existing medical conditions better through diet and lifestyle.
- Patients with digestive problems, diagnosed irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Diagnosed with medical condition such as diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, and coeliac disease
- Weight loss and weight loss maintenance
- Dietary support as part of weight loss surgical team
- Clients with oral, enteral or parenteral nutrition requirements
- Nutritional management of both men’s and women’s health issues
- Food allergies and intolerances
We can offer a Gastro-Intestinal service for diagnosis of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
The service is run by registered dieticians. Accessing this service can be by self-referral, GP or consultant referral. If claiming sessions via health insurance, referral is usually via your GP or consultant.
The length of a typical treatment pathway is dependent on individual patient’s needs however guidance may be:
- Non- surgical weight management usually 9 sessions in first year
- IBS using low FODMAPS plan may be 3 sessions
- Weight management as part of a weight loss surgery package includes 6 sessions over 1 year plus recommendation of 2 additional sessions in year 2.
- Chronic disease management e.g. diabetes, high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease 2-3 sessions.
To book an appointment or find out more information please call us at 01224 577400 or make an online enquiry.