At BMI Albyn Hospital we offer a wide range of outpatient care options for children and young people in Aberdeen and the North and East of Scotland.
Our dedicated team of Consultant Paediatricians and Surgeons supported by our Paediatric nursing team provides care for babies, children and young people up to 16 years of age, needing routine outpatient consultations and treatments.
The service gives parents peace of mind during their child's consultation with a registered children’s nurse. Our nursers are involved in the planning and delivery of care for your child, supported by a caring and family friendly team.
- General paediatric surgery
- General paediatrics
- Paediatric urology including day and night time wetting
- Ear, Nose and Throat including ear correction and squints
- Orthopaedic surgery
- Paediatric neurology including epilepsy and headache disorders
- Paediatric colorectal including constipation
- Gastrointestinal includinggastroesophageal reflux
- Physiotherapy including sports injuries and musculo-skeletal growth and developmental disorders.
- Imaging including musculo-skeletal and gastrointestinal Imaging across a number of modalities such as MRI, ultrasound and x-rays.
- Private GP and Health Services including travel Clinic and vaccinations
We have highly skilled musculoskeletal Chartered Physiotherapists who will treat children from the age of 8 upwards. We will undertake a comprehensive assessment to identify the individual problem and develop a treatment plan including exercise, soft tissue massage, orthotics, taping, splinting and return to sport rehabilitation.
For advice or to self-refer please call on 01224 577406.
GP and Health Services
We run a daily GP clinic and have skilled GP’s and Nurses who will provide advice about health, vaccines, travel and onward referral to our Consultants.
For advice or to self- refer please call on 01224 577426.
With the help of our friendly helpful nurses we strive to provide a comforting setting and a caring pathway, reducing fears and anxieties for children and parents alike.
The following support is available:
- Surgeons in most specialties
- Qualified children's nurses trained in routine and emergency clinical procedures
- Secure environment for outpatient consultations
A GP referral to an appropriate consultant is essential. The parents of self-pay patients are most welcome and if insured, are advised to contact their insurance company before arranging any treatment.
Our Paediatric Team
For more information about Paediatric Services at BMI Albyn Hospital please call 01224 577 400 or make an online enquiry.