Physiotherapy can help with a wide range of injuries and conditions including back and neck pain, repetitive strain injuries, joint pain and arthritis, muscle injuries, post surgery rehabilitation, and sports injuries.
There are also physiotherapists that specialise in women’s health, acupuncture, pilates or hydrotherapy.
Your first visit will involve an assessment of your condition so that a treatment programme can be specifically developed for you. We offer a wide range of therapies that are often used in combination in a treatment programme.
All BMI physiotherapists are registered with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists and work closely as part of our integrated multi-disciplinary teams within our hospitals so that if necessary, you can benefit from fast referrals and access to the latest imaging technologies to help accurately diagnose and aid treatment pathway decisions.
BMI Bath Clinic in Somerset offers a personal training service to give expert advice and guidance in the areas of fitness, exercise performance, weight loss and rehabilitation.
Personal training gives the assurance of safe exercise, with the use of correct techniques at all times. This is very important as it minimises the risk of any injuries occurring and means progress is made at exactly the right pace.
Our personal trainer is specialised in working with GP referrals and uses a wide variety of training techniques and equipment in order to make sessions fun, keep motivation levels high and provide training that is tailored to the exact need of the patient.
These are just a few examples of the benefits of participating in regular exercise sessions:
- Improved posture and flexibility
- A stronger, more functional body
- Improved energy levels
- Improved sleeping patterns
- Improved self-confidence
- Improved chance of eating a more healthy and balanced diet
- Improved mobility
- Improved metabolism
- Reduced stress levels
Our physiotherapy department has six private treatment rooms and includes a gym.
All BMI physiotherapists work closely as part of our integrated multi-disciplinary teams within our hospitals so that, if necessary, you can benefit from fast referrals and access to the latest imaging technologies to help accurately diagnose and aid treatment pathway decisions. We provide on-site access to diagnostic imaging services which may include ultrasound, x-ray, MRI and CT scans.
The purpose-built physio-gyms at our hospitals let our physiotherapists work with you to provide expert advice and develop an exercise programme which meets your specific needs. Exercise forms an important part of physiotherapy. The aim is to increase mobility, muscle strength, and general fitness, build core stability, and reduce symptoms. Services include personal training, customised rehabilitation.
Our gym includes:
- Free weights
- Balance master
- Parallel bars
- Gym balls
If we cannot help you with physiotherapy, we can quickly refer you to our consultant orthopaedic Surgeons who can deal with keyhole joint surgery, repair of ligament injuries, treatment of fractures and repair of tendon and nerve injuries.
- Acupuncture physiotherapy - acupuncture can be used on its own or in combination with physiotherapy to help treat a range of musculoskeletal conditions.
- Chronic pain management - if you have had persistent or long standing pain that has failed to respond to previous treatments, then it would be helpful to consult a physiotherapist.
- Hydrotherapy (available off site) - this uses a physiotherapy pool to provide relief from acute and chronic problems and to help with rehabilitation.
- Occupational therapy - this helps you deal with everyday tasks that you may find difficult following illness, surgery or because of a disability. Occupational therapists are part of a multidisciplinary team with specialties in dementia, neurological rehabilitation, paediatrics, cancer, rheumatology and orthopaedics.
- Pelvic health rehabilitation - treats a range of conditions that can cause pelvic problems, such as incontinence of the bladder or bowel, or pelvic pain.
- Physiotherapy for sports injuries - the diagnosis and treatment of muscle, joint and nerve problems caused by practicing a sport or exercising, including muscle imbalances, joint pain and post-fracture rehabilitation. The aim is to get you back to sport as soon as possible.
- Rehabilitation services - this aims to improve function after surgery or injuries including fractures, accidents, chronic spinal conditions, strokes, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, cranial surgery and cardiac surgery.
- Respiratory physiotherapy - used to manage symptoms related to disorders of the lungs, such as asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, cystic fibrosis and bronchiectasis.
- Vestibular rehabilitation - consists of exercises designed to retrain the balance system with a goal to gradually reduce the severity of your symptoms.
Physiotherapy can help you recover following injury, surgery or illness. At BMI Bath Clinic you will receive first class treatment at an affordable price. Physiotherapy may be covered by your medical insurance. You will need to check your cover with your insurer first and you may need a GP referral. Alternatively, you can pay for your treatment by cash, debit or credit card.