At The Private Foot and Ankle Centre at BMI Bath Clinic we want to help you get back to better health. We can help to diagnose, treat and manage a variety of injuries and conditions, if you are based in Bath, Bristol or Wiltshire.
Our specialist Centre is home to two highly qualified private foot and ankle surgeons, Mr Tristan Barton and Mr Jamie McKenzie, plus consultant podiatrist Mr Tom Cooper.
Our consultant surgeons work closely with other foot and ankle specialists such as podiatrists and orthotists, and also with multidisciplinary staff from across the hospital, including physiotherapists and radiologists.
Together we can offer you some of the most comprehensive foot and ankle treatments available.
Private Foot and Ankle Treatments offered in Bath
At The Private Foot and Ankle Centre at BMI Bath Clinic, we offer a variety of surgical and non-surgical options. Our experienced team will work with you to decide on the best treatment plan for you.
We can provide treatment options including physical therapy and pain management, with emphasis placed on education and injury prevention; physiotherapy and rehabilitation; and podiatry.
The Private Foot and Ankle Centre at BMI Bath Clinic also provides patients with diagnosis by digital X-ray, MRI and CT scans.
Some of the most common conditions treated are:
- Achilles' tendonitis or tears
- Ankle sprains and fractures
- Fractures of the foot
- Sports injuries to the foot and ankle
- Chronic or acute foot and ankle pain
- Joint replacement for ankle
- Osteoarthritis and inflammatory joint arthritis in the foot or ankle
- Deformities of the foot and ankle, congenital or acquired
- Plantar fasciitis and Morton’s neuroma
- Bunions, hammer toe and claw toe deformities
Private non-surgical treatments offered in Bath
Some of the most common non-surgical treatments we offer are:
- Private Shockwave Therapy in Bath
Private Shockwave Therapy in Bath
Shockwave therapy is a non-surgical treatment. It works by delivering pulses of energy, targeted to specific damaged tissues within the abnormal tendon. This increases blood flow within the area, promoting cell regeneration and healing, while also minimising factors which can cause pain.
Shockwave therapy treatment is a highly effective treatment for patients with plantar fasciitis or Achilles tendinopathy. It often works best in conjunction with physiotherapy or for those who fail to respond to appropriate physiotherapy or other conservative treatments.
- Private Biomechanical Assessment in Bath
Private Biomechanical Assessment in Bath
Many people suffer from pain in their feet, ankles, hips, knees and lower back, but not many realise that this can be caused by poor foot alignment.
At BMI Bath Clinic, we have experienced qualified podiatrists available, with extensive knowledge of foot function and biomechanics. We can carry out a full assessment and formulate a treatment plan.
An assessment, including physical examination and analysis using the computerised scanning technology by our experienced podiatrists, will help to identify any irregularities in the way your foot functions while moving.
If appropriate, we will prescribe functional insoles to address any discrepancies by supporting and correcting the foot throughout the gait cycle. This helps to reduce the strain on your muscles, ligaments and joints, which contributes to the cause of the previously mentioned conditions.
Why come to The Private Foot and Ankle Centre at BMI Bath Clinic?
If you come to BMI Bath Clinic, you can expect:
- An appointment with the consultant of your choice, usually available within 48 hours
- Expert advice on the best course of treatment, whether that is non-surgical management or personalised advice on surgery
- A first-class approach to care provision, from initial consultation through to treatment and extensive aftercare
- Access to a select group of experienced consultant surgeons, podiatrists, orthotists and pain management consultants
- On-site access to a full range of diagnostic imaging facilities and chartered physiotherapists
Pricing at The Private Foot and Ankle Centre at BMI Bath Clinic
A fixed price is available upon enquiry and will vary depending on your individual needs and your consultant’s assessment.
Initial consultation prices will vary from £54 with a physiotherapist and from £180 with a consultant surgeon.
*Available to over 18s only
Accessing private healthcare is easy, whether you choose to pay directly or use private medical insurance.
If you are paying for yourself, we can usually offer an upfront cost which you can then choose to pay in full or access one of our easy payment options.
If you have insurance, we can arrange direct settlement with your insurance provider, although you should check in advance to see if your treatment is covered. For more information, visit our private medical insurance page.