At BMI Bath Clinic, we offer appointments with private knee specialists if you are based in Bath, Bristol or Wiltshire.
Private Knee Specialists is a group of UK knee surgeons who combine their expertise and strengths to provide a comprehensive, friendly and professional service for both routine and complex knee problems.
Private Knee Specialists in Bath
Our experienced multidisciplinary team includes physiotherapists, radiologists, pain management specialists and nurses.
Together we can offer you a rapid diagnosis, evidenced treatment options and a variety of orthopaedic procedures to cover the whole range of knee-related issues.
Common conditions we treat include:
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) Injury
- Meniscus tears
- Kneecap dislocation
- Osteoarthritis of knee
- Joint surface damage
- ITB friction syndrome (Runner’s Knee)
- Patella femoral pain sndrome
- Posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) injury
- Patellar tendinopathy
- Meniscal injuries
- General sports knee injuries
- Meet our Private Knee Specialists in Bath
Meet our Private Knee Specialists in Bath
Private Knee Specialists at BMI Bath Clinic is a team of highly experienced orthopaedic consultants:
- Mr James Robinson
- Mr Damian Clark
- Mr Andrew Porteous
- Mr Hywel Davies
- Mr James Murray
- Mr Nick Howells
Our consultant knee specialists work closely with BMI Bath Clinic’s pain management consultants, physiotherapists and the radiology team to ensure that a fast and accurate diagnosis is followed by the appropriate treatment.
- Private Knee Treatments offered in Bath
Private Knee Treatments offered in Bath
At BMI Bath Clinic, we understand that knee pain, problems and injury present in a variety of forms. Our focus is on putting you first, ensuring a treatment plan is tailored to your needs, while alleviating your concerns and answering your questions.
Wherever possible, we will explore non-operative solutions for your knee problem. Where knee surgery is considered a good option, we will thoroughly discuss the risks, recovery time and your range of options.
The private Knee Specialists deliver a wide variety of procedures and treatments on a regular basis. Some of the most common are:
Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction
- Meniscal repair
- Ligament reconstruction and revision
- Arthroscopy (keyhole surgery)
- Realignment osteotomy, cartilage procedures - treatment for early arthritis
- Patella correction
- Knee resurfacing
- Partial knee replacement
- Revision ACL reconstruction
If you are considering a knee replacement, you can visit our dedicated Private Joint Replacement Centre.
- Why visit a Private Knee Specialist at BMI Bath Clinic?
Why visit a Private Knee Specialist at BMI Bath Clinic?
If you have treatment at BMI Bath Clinic, you can expect:
- Quick access to an appointment with a consultant of your choice
- Fast, accurate diagnosis from a consultant specialising only in knees
- Informed and personalised advice on the best course of treatment for your individual needs
- A dedicated approach to care provision from an experienced multidisciplinary team
- On-site access to a full range of diagnostic imaging facilities and chartered physiotherapists
Private Knee Specialist Pricing in Bath
A fixed price is available upon enquiry and will vary depending on your individual needs and your consultant’s assessment.
Initial consultation prices will vary from £54 with a physiotherapist and from £220 with a consultant surgeon.
*Available to over 18s only
Accessing private healthcare is easy, whether you choose to pay directly or use private medical insurance.
If you are paying for yourself, we can usually offer an upfront cost which you can then choose to pay in full or access one of our easy payment options.
If you have insurance, we can arrange direct settlement with your insurance provider, although you should check in advance to see if your treatment is covered. For more information, visit our private medical insurance page.