The Bath Private Lower Limb Sports Injury Centre offers personalised advice, treatment and support for lower limb injuries, to patients based in Bath, Bristol and Wiltshire.
Whether you are a professional sportsperson or just starting out in a bid to get healthier, a sports injury can be debilitating.
The Private Lower Limb Sports Injury Centre at BMI Bath Clinic understands that, whatever your age,* you want to return to fitness as soon as possible. That's why we've created a multidisciplinary team capable of dealing with both acute and chronic injuries.
Why choose the Private Lower Limb Sports Injury Centre in Bath for sport and exercise medicine?
A group of experienced trauma and orthopaedic consultants and sports medicine specialists lead our service. We have many years of experience of working with athletes and sports enthusiasts in the local area.
They believe in a multidisciplinary approach to care, made possible by the wide range of specialists and services at BMI Bath Clinic - such as our Imaging & Diagnostics department and our team of Chartered Physiotherapists.
The breadth of consultants at the hospital means we can get to the root cause of your sports injury as quickly as possible, with rapid diagnosis and treatment. If our consultants determine you need more specialist help, we can book your appointment with other supporting colleagues such as ENT, cardiology or oral and maxillofacial as appropriate.
Private Lower Limb Sports Injury Centre in Bath
Our sport and exercise medicine team can diagnose and treat:
- New fractures (broken bones) or symptoms from chronic injuries
- Runner's knee
- Knee, ankle and foot pain
- Heel pain (plantar fasciitis)
- Achilles tendonitis
- Impact trauma injuries
- Muscle tears
- Tendon and ligament injuries
- Overuse injuries
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Sports orthopaedic injuries to the hip
- Joint dislocations
- Other injuries such as rotator cuff tears, golfer's / tennis elbow
What can you expect?
- Rapid access to orthopaedic and sports medicine consultants specialising in sports injuries
- A tailored treatment plan designed to help get you back to fitness
- Fast access to diagnostic tests such as MRI, CT, ultrasound and X-ray
- Gym equipment and chartered physiotherapists to facilitate rehabilitation
- Flexible finance plans allowing you to spread the cost of treatment and private medical insurance accepted
I have an injury - what do I do now?
Clinics are available during the week.
*Service available to over 18s only
Accessing private healthcare is easy, whether you choose to pay directly or use private medical insurance.
If you are paying for yourself, we can usually offer an upfront cost which you can then choose to pay in full or access one of our easy payment options.
If you have insurance, we can arrange direct settlement with your insurance provider, although you should check in advance to see if your treatment is covered. For more information, visit our private medical insurance page.