If you are based in Bath, Bristol or Wiltshire and have back or neck problems, The Private Spinal Centre at BMI Bath Clinic could help you get back to better health.*
Private Spinal Centre in Bath
We specialise in the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of conditions of the spine.
We understand that back and neck issues can present in many forms, and that if left untreated they can get worse, causing you even more pain. We offer rapid access to a multidisciplinary team of spinal specialists, all under one roof.
How does the Private Spinal Centre in Bath work?
We offer rapid assessment appointments to diagnose everything from degenerative conditions to spinal deformities to general spinal pain.
Some of the most common symptoms we see include:
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Weakness or numbness in your leg or arm
- Muscle spasms
- Difficulty in moving
- Problems standing up straight
Find more information about back pain.
What happens at the appointment?
You’ll have an initial assessment with one of our consultant spinal surgeons. They’ll begin the process of diagnosis, arranging any tests or scans you may need.
Right from the start, our consultants work closely with the other members of our multidisciplinary team. These include physiotherapists, radiologists, pain management specialists and other surgeons.
We offer fast, accurate diagnosis and look to build a holistic treatment plan that is truly adapted to your individual needs.
Meet Our Private Spinal Centre Consultants in Bath
We are proud to work with two highly qualified and well-established consultant spinal surgeons at The Spinal Centre at BMI Bath Clinic. Mr Mike Katsimihas and Mr Otto Von Arx are both fellowship-trained consultants with extensive experience in advanced surgical techniques relating to spinal pathology.
- spinal cord and nerve decompression
- Spinal fusion
- Microsurgery and minimally invasive surgery of the lumbar, thoracic and cervical spine
- Disc replacement
Why come to The Private Spinal Centre at BMI Bath Clinic?
With BMI Bath Clinic, you can expect:
- Rapid access to an experienced consultant of your choice, usually within 48 hours
- A first-class approach to care provision, from initial consultation through to treatment and aftercare
- A coordinated multidisciplinary team, with on-site access to a full range of diagnostic imaging facilities and a chartered physiotherapist centre
- Specialism in traditional and minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Non-surgical treatment options including physical therapy and pain management, such as joint and epidural injections
How much does it cost?
A fixed price is available upon enquiry and will vary depending on your individual needs and consultant’s assessment. Initial consultation prices will vary, starting from £54 with a physiotherapist and from £200 with a consultant surgeon.
*Available to over 18s only
Accessing private healthcare is easy, whether you choose to pay directly or use private medical insurance.
If you are paying for yourself, we can usually offer an upfront cost which you can then choose to pay in full or access one of our easy payment options.
If you have insurance, we can arrange direct settlement with your insurance provider, although you should check in advance to see if your treatment is covered. For more information, visit our private medical insurance page.