At BMI Bath Clinic we offer a Consultant led Rapid Diagnostic Breast Clinic that aims to provide rapid investigation and guides patients from diagnosis through to treatment, including a complete package of care tailored to each patient's individual needs. Where possible, all necessary tests will be carried out in one hospital visit to enable your Consultant to reach a diagnosis and to discuss with you any treatment that may be required.
Do I need a GP referral?
A referral from a GP or a NHS breast centre is necessary if you have private medical insurance, to ensure that all costs are covered.
If you are using our self-pay option, the referral is not required but it is always recommended that you see your GP before beginning any treatment.
Our Breast Care Team are a professional multi-disciplinary group, consisting of Consultant specialists and dedicated breast care nurses, working closely together to guide and support our patients.
Our team provide a personal approach within a modern, well equipped facility ensuring you receive prompt attention and continuity of care.
What does this service include?
You will have up to 30 minutes consultation with a Consultant Breast Surgeon. The Consultant may recommend further investigations and where possible these will be carried out on the same day. We have a team of breast care nurses who will be able to support the service where required. This might include:
- Core Biopsy
What are the benefits of this service?
- We provide rapid access to imaging equipment, including full field digital mammography, high definition ultrasound and MRI
- All Breast Imaging is performed and reported on by a Specialist Breast Consultant Radiologist
- Continuity of care from a dedicated specialist team who bring a personal approach to your care and investigation
- Imaging results are available the same day and biopsy results within 5 days
- Urgent consultations are available upon the discovery of a new breast symptom such as a lump
For more information on our Rapid Diagnostic Breast Clinic, please contact the team at BMI Bath Clinic on 01225 835555 or make an online enquiry here.