Whether you are a professional sportsperson or just starting out in a bid to get healthier, a sports injury can be debilitating.
The Lower Limb Sports Injury Centre at BMI Bath Clinic understands that, whatever your age*, you want to return to fitness as soon as possible. That's why we've created a multidisciplinary team capable of dealing with both acute and chronic injuries.
Why choose us for sport and exercise medicine?
A group of experienced trauma and orthopaedic consultants and sports medicine specialists lead our service. We have many years of experience of working with athletes and sports enthusiasts in the local area.
They believe in a multidisciplinary approach to care, made possible by the wide range of specialists and services at BMI Bath Clinic - such as our Imaging & Diagnostics department and our team of Chartered Physiotherapists.
The breadth of consultants at the hospital means we can get to the root cause of your sports injury as quickly as possible, with rapid diagnosis and treatment. If our consultants determine you need more specialist help, we can book your appointment with other supporting colleagues such as ENT, cardiology or oral and maxillofacial as appropriate.
Our sport and exercise medicine team can diagnose and treat:
- New fractures (broken bones) or symptoms from chronic injuries
- Runner's knee
- Knee, ankle and foot pain
- Heel pain (plantar fasciitis)
- Achilles tendonitis
- Impact trauma injuries
- Muscle tears
- Tendon and ligament injuries
- Overuse injuries
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Sports orthopaedic injuries to the hip
- Joint dislocations
- Other injuries such as rotator cuff tears, golfer's / tennis elbow
What can you expect?
- Rapid access to orthopaedic and sports medicine consultants specialising in sports injuries
- A tailored treatment plan designed to help get you back to fitness
- Fast access to diagnostic tests such as MRI, CT, ultrasound and X-ray
- Gym equipment and chartered physiotherapists to facilitate rehabilitation
- Flexible finance plans allowing you to spread the cost of treatment and private medical insurance accepted
I have an injury - what do I do now?
Clinics are available during the week. To book an appointment, make an online enquiry or please call 0800 015 2187 quoting 'Bath Clinic Lower Limb Sports Injury Centre'.
*Service available to over 18s only