Psychiatry deals with the study, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of major forms of mental illness such as schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Consultant Psychiatrists help patients to manage the emotional, behavioural and psychotic manifestations of their mental illness usually through the use of medication.
Common mental health symptoms for seeing a Consultant Psychiatrist include:
- Panic attacks
- Reduced ability to concentrate
- Excessive fears
- Extreme feelings of guilt
- Excessive anger
- Extreme mood changes
- Suicidal thinking
- Significantly low energy
- Major changes in eating habits
- Feeling sad or down frequently
- Removal from friends or family
- Inability to cope with day-to-day problems
- Sleeping problems
To find out more or to book a consultation please call 01292 288882 or make an online enquiry here.