Covid 19 update - Remote Consultations
At BMI Healthcare we want you to know that we are still here for you during the lock down. We may be unable to offer face-to-face support for patients at this time but we are now able to offer telephone or video consultations, so we can continue to provide advice and exercises to help treat your condition. Our prices have been reduced during this time.
Call us on 0800 404 6660 to arrange your appointment
At BMI Chelsfield Park Hospital, we offer private physiotherapy to patients who live in Kent, Bromley and Sevenoaks.
Physiotherapy can help with a wide range of injuries and conditions including back and neck pain, repetitive strain injuries, joint pain and arthritis, muscle injuries, post surgery rehabilitation, and sports injuries.
There are also physiotherapists that specialise in spinal pain, women's health, acupuncture, Pilates, vestibular rehabilitation (dizziness and balance) and hydrotherapy.
Private Physiotherapy in Kent
Your first visit will involve an assessment of your condition so that a treatment programme can be specifically developed for you.
We offer a wide range of therapies that are often used in combination in a treatment programme.
Private Integrated Care
All BMI physiotherapists are registered with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists and work closely as part of our integrated multi-disciplinary teams within our hospitals so that if necessary, you can benefit from fast referrals and access to the latest imaging technologies to help accurately diagnose and aid treatment pathway decisions.
- Private Physiotherapy Services offered in Kent
Private Physiotherapy Services offered in Kent
At BMI Chelsfield Park Hospital we offer the following services:
- Acupuncture physiotherapy – acupuncture can be used on its own or in combination with physiotherapy to help treat a range of musculoskeletal conditions.
- Chronic pain management - if you have had persistent or long-standing pain that has failed to respond to previous treatments, then it would be helpful to consult a physiotherapist.
- Gait analysis - is the assessment of the lower limb biomechanics, e.g. how you stand, walk or run, to help identify problems in your legs, hips or even your back. It can help prevent painful conditions developing or recurring.
- Hand therapy - hand therapy provides assessment and holistic rehabilitation for patients with a hand or upper limb injury or condition. The treatment is tailored to your needs and focuses on helping you get back to the day-to-day activities that you enjoy.
- Hydrotherapy (off-site) - also known as aquatic therapy, is physiotherapy performed in a warm water pool. The effects of the water and warm temperature can help to reduce pain and provide support to aid your rehabilitation.
- Nerve conduction studies (Hand only) - are used to test the electrical activity through the nerves in the arms and legs. This test is most commonly used to diagnosis carpal tunnel syndrome in the hand.
- Pelvic health rehabilitation - pelvic health physiotherapists are specially trained to assess and treat a range of conditions that can cause pelvic problems, such as incontinence of the bladder or bowel, or pelvic pain.
- Physiotherapy for sports injuries - the diagnosis and treatment of muscle, joint and nerve problems caused by practising a sport or exercising, including muscle imbalances, joint pain and post-fracture rehabilitation. The aim is to get you back to sport as soon as possible.
- Pilates - a form of exercise that may improve balance, strength, posture, flexibility and circulation. It focuses on strengthening the core abdominal and back muscles.
- Shockwave therapy - also known as Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT), it is used to treat chronic tendon problems, shoulder pain, painful heel, tennis elbow or pain in the Achilles tendon.
- Private Physiotherapy Facilities in Kent
Private Physiotherapy Facilities in Kent
Our physiotherapy department has three treatment rooms.
Our physiotherapists will work with you to provide expert advice and develop an exercise programme which meets your specific needs.
Exercise forms an important part of physiotherapy. The aim is to increase mobility, muscle strength, and general fitness, build core stability, and reduce symptoms within a customised rehabilitation programme.
Our private gym includes:
- Free weights
- Parallel bars
- Gym ball
If we cannot help you with physiotherapy, we can quickly refer you to our Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeons who can deal with keyhole joint surgery, repair of ligament injuries, treatment of fractures and repair of tendon and nerve injuries.
- Prices and Booking
Prices and Booking
Physiotherapy can help you recover following injury, surgery or illness. At BMI you will receive first class treatment at an affordable price.
Physiotherapy may be covered by your medical insurance. You will need to check your cover with your insurer first and you may need a GP referral. Alternatively, you can pay for your treatment by cash, debit or credit card.
Your initial appointment will involve a 45-minute assessment of your condition so that a treatment programme can be specifically developed with you. Further sessions will consist of 30 minute appointments.
Private Physiotherapy Team in Kent
Find out more about the physiotherapy team here.
Accessing private healthcare is easy, whether you choose to pay directly or use private medical insurance.
If you are paying for yourself, we can usually offer an upfront cost which you can then choose to pay in full or access one of our easy payment options.
If you have insurance, we can arrange direct settlement with your insurance provider, although you should check in advance to see if your treatment is covered. For more information, visit our private medical insurance page.