Physiotherapy can help with a wide range of injuries and conditions including back and neck pain, repetitive strain injuries, joint pain and arthritis, muscle injuries, post surgery rehabilitation, and sports injuries. The Physiotherapy department provides the highest quality of treatment and benefits from a fully equipped rehabilitation area.
Your first visit will involve an assessment of your condition so that a treatment programme can be specifically developed for you. We offer a wide range of therapies that are often used in combination in a treatment programme.
All BMI physiotherapists are registered with the Health Professions Council (HPC) and the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists (CSP) and work closely as part of our integrated multi-disciplinary teams within our hospitals so that if necessary, you can benefit from fast referrals and access to the latest imaging technologies to help accurately diagnose and aid treatment pathway decisions.
At BMI Gisburne Park Hospital we offer the following services:
- Acupuncture physiotherapy - can be used on its own or in combination with physiotherapy to help treat a range of musculoskeletal conditions.
- Chronic pain management - if you have had persistent or long standing pain that has failed to respond to previous treatments, then it would be helpful to consult a physiotherapist. This type of physiotherapy has been shown to assist patients with coping strategies that can help improve quality of life.
- Gait analysis - gait analysis is the assessment of the lower limb biomechanics, e.g. how you stand, walk or run, to help identify problems in your legs, hips or even your back. It can help prevent painful conditions developing or recurring.
- Hand therapy - provides assessment and holistic rehabilitation for patients with a hand or upper limb injury or condition. The treatment is tailored to your needs and focuses on helping you get back to the day to day activities that you enjoy.
- Pelvic health rehabilitation - pelvic health physiotherapists are specially trained to assess and treat a range of conditions that can cause pelvic problems, such as incontinence of the bladder or bowel, or pelvic pain.
- Physiotherapy for sports injuries - the diagnosis and treatment of muscle, joint and nerve problems caused by practicing a sport or exercising, including muscle imbalances, joint pain and post-fracture rehabilitation. The aim is to get you back to sport as soon as possible.
- Pilates (1:1 only) - a form of exercise that may improve balance, strength, posture, flexibility and circulation. It focuses on strengthening the core abdominal and back muscles.
- Rehabilitation services - aims to improve function after surgery or injuries including fractures, accidents, chronic spinal conditions, strokes, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, cranial surgery and cardiac surgery.
Our physiotherapy department has three treatment areas, a gym and one private treatment room.
All BMI physiotherapists work closely as part of our integrated multi-disciplinary teams within our hospitals so that, if necessary, you can benefit from fast referrals and access to the latest imaging technologies to help accurately diagnose and aid treatment pathway decisions. We provide on-site access to diagnostic imaging services which may include ultrasound, x-ray, MRI and CT scans.
The physio-gym at our hospital let our physiotherapistswork with you to provide expert advice and develop an exercise programme which meets your specific needs. Exercise forms an important part of physiotherapy. The aim is to increase mobility, muscle strength, and general fitness, build core stability, and reduce symptoms.
Our gym includes:
- Free exercise space
Within the department we offer:
- Electrotherapy and TENS
If we cannot help you with physiotherapy, we can quickly refer you to our Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeons who can deal with keyhole joint surgery, repair of ligament injuries, treatment of fractures and repair of tendon and nerve injuries.
Ourphysiotherapists are highly experienced in the assessment and treatment ofmusculoskeletal and sports injuries and are registered with the CharteredSociety of Physiotherapists.
Our continued commitment to training ensures you receive the most up-to-date and effective treatment from our highly qualified staff.
Prices and Booking
Physiotherapy can help you recover following injury, surgery or illness. At BMI you will receive first class treatment at an affordable price. You can make an appointment directly with a physiotherapist or you can ask your GP to refer you if you prefer.
Physiotherapy may be covered by your medical insurance. You will need to check your cover with your insurer first and you may need a GP referral. Alternatively, you can pay for your treatment by cash, debit or credit card.