Covid 19 update - Remote Consultations
At BMI Healthcare we want you to know that we are still here for you during the lock down. We may be unable to offer face-to-face support for patients at this time but we are now able to offer telephone or video consultations, so we can continue to provide advice and exercises to help treat your condition. Our prices have been reduced during this time.
Call us on 01903 707 349 to arrange your appointment
At BMI Goring Hall Hospital, we have a dedicated private physiotherapy team for patients based in Worthing, Pulborough or Horsham.
Private physiotherapy can help with a wide range of injuries and conditions including back and neck pain, repetitive strain injuries, joint pain and arthritis, muscle injuries, post surgery rehabilitation, and sports injuries. There are also physiotherapists that specialise in women’s health, acupuncture, pilates or hydrotherapy.
Your first visit will involve an assessment of your condition so that a treatment programme can be specifically developed for you.
We offer a wide range of therapies that are often used in combination in a treatment programme.
Integrated Private Care in Worthing
All BMI physiotherapists are registered with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists and work closely as part of our integrated multi-disciplinary teams within our hospitals so that if necessary, you can benefit from fast referrals and access to the latest imaging technologies to help accurately diagnose and aid treatment pathway decisions.
Private Physiotherapy in Worthing
We offer a full assessment of your condition and a specific treatment regime to suit your needs. We treat the following conditions:
- Muscle tears
- Tendon and ligament injuries
- Overuse injuries
- Knee, ankle and foot pain
- Shoulder and wrist problems
- Tennis/ golfer’s elbow
Physiotherapy Services offered in Worthing
- Chronic pain management - if you have had persistent or long standing pain that has failed to respond to previous treatments, then it would be helpful to consult a physiotherapist. This type of physiotherapy has been shown to assist patients with coping strategies that can help improve quality of life.
- Gait analysis - gait analysis is the assessment of the lower limb biomechanics, e.g. how you stand, walk or run, to help identify problems in your legs, hips or even your back. It can help prevent painful conditions developing or recurring.
- Hand therapy - hand therapy provides assessment and holistic rehabilitation for patients with a hand or upper limb injury or condition. The treatment is tailored to your needs and focuses on helping you get back to the day to day activities that you enjoy.
- Injection therapy - the injection of steroid (corticosteroid) medications into painful joints or soft tissues to reduce pain and inflammation in that area.
- Pelvic health rehabilitation - pelvic health physiotherapists are specially trained to assess and treat a range of conditions that can cause pelvic problems, such as incontinence of the bladder or bowel, or pelvic pain.
- Physiotherapy for cancer treatments - we offer individual assessments and treatment for a wide range of musculoskeletal problems that can occur as a result of your cancer treatment, such as shoulder pain and stiffness after breast surgery, or lower back pain as a result of being less active.
- Physiotherapy for sports injuries - the diagnosis and treatment of muscle, joint and nerve problems caused by practicing a sport or exercising, including muscle imbalances, joint pain and post-fracture rehabilitation. The aim is to get you back to sport as soon as possible.
- Respiratory physiotherapy - relates to the assessment and treatment of people with disorders of the respiratory system. Physiotherapy is focused on maximising physical function and helping you manage symptoms.
- Shockwave therapy - also known as Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT), it is used to treat chronic tendon problems, shoulder pain, painful heel, tennis elbow or pain in the Achilles tendon.
Private Physiotherapy Facilities
Our physiotherapy department has four private treatment rooms and includes a gym.
All BMI physiotherapists work closely as part of our integrated multi-disciplinary teams within our hospitals so that, if necessary, you can benefit from fast referrals and access to the latest imaging technologies to help accurately diagnose and aid treatment pathway decisions. We provide on-site access to diagnostic imaging services which may include ultrasound, x-ray, MRI and CT scans.
The purpose-built physio-gyms at our hospitals let our physiotherapists work with you to provide expert advice and develop an exercise programme which meets your specific needs. Exercise forms an important part of physiotherapy. The aim is to increase mobility, muscle strength, and general fitness, build core stability, and reduce symptoms.
Services include personal training and customised rehabilitation.
Our gym includes equipment includes:
- Free weights - small
- Rocker/wobble board
- Exercise Ball and theraband
Private Physiotherapy Appointments
Your initial appointment will involve a 45-minute assessment of your condition so that a treatment programme can be specifically developed with you.
Further sessions will consist of 30 minute appointments.
Accessing private healthcare is easy, whether you choose to pay directly or use private medical insurance.
If you are paying for yourself, we can usually offer an upfront cost which you can then choose to pay in full or access one of our easy payment options.
If you have insurance, we can arrange direct settlement with your insurance provider, although you should check in advance to see if your treatment is covered. For more information, visit our private medical insurance page.