Operated by a team of highly skilled, professionally accredited radiographers and specialist consultant radiologists the diagnostic imaging services at BMI Kings Park Hospital includes:
- X-ray including orthopantomography (specialised panoramic dental imaging)
- Interventional radiology including fibroid embolisation
Results are typically available within 24 hours to allow facilitate fast diagnosis and treatment. Diagnostic imaging reports are available to the referrer within 48 hours of the examination. Urgent reports available on a same day basis.
Diagnostic ultrasound is a non-invasive imaging modality using high frequency sound waves to produce images of various soft tissue structures within the body. A wide range of high quality images can be produced of the following areas:
- Musculoskeletal / joints
- Urology including trans-rectal examinations and biopsy of the prostate
- Abdomen and pelvis
We also provide ultrasound guided interventions/examinations including:
- Joint injection – diagnostic and therapeutic
- Fluid drainage
BMI Kings Park Hospital has a dedicated cardiology service that provides a range of non-invasive diagnostic tests, carried out by consultant cardiologists and cardiac physiologists.
These tests can be carried out on and out-patient or in-patient basis and include:
- 12 lead resting electrocardiogram (ECG)
- 24 hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- 24 hour ambulatory ECG monitoring
- Exercise tolerance testing
- Cardiac ultrasound
- Medical device follow up including pacemaker, implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD), cardiac resynchronisation therapy (CRT) and loop recorders
Direct referrals to the cardiology unit are accepted and all appropriate tests are reported by our consultant cardiologists.
Appointments can be made from 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
For more information about the Diagnostic Imaging Service at BMI Kings Park Hospital or to make an appointment please call 01786 451 669 or make an online enquiry.