Oral and maxillofacial surgery is a specialist surgical field involving the correction or rebuilding of the face following trauma or disease. It is also concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting the mouth, jaws, face and neck.
At BMI Kings Park Hospital we offer you fast, direct and convenient appointments with Consultant Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons. Your consultant may be able to reassure you that what you are experiencing is nothing to be concerned about or they can discuss treatment options that could relieve your symptoms so you can return to enjoying your life.
Together, you and your consultant can decide the best route for you and develop a tailor-made treatment package to achieve optimum results.
- Surgical removal of wisdom teeth, buried roots and other impacted teeth
- Surgical exposure or removal of buried canine teeth
- Treatment of cysts and tumours of the jaws
- Treatment of lesions of the lip, mouth, palate and tongue including biopsy
- Management of problems affecting the oral mucosa such as white patches, mouth ulcers and sore mouth
- Treatment of salivary gland problems including stones and mucous cysts
- Treatment of facial injuries including fractures of the jaw and zygoma (cheek bone)
- Management of temporomandibular joint (jaw joint) disorders
- Investigation and treatment of facial pain
- Surgery to correct dental and orthognathic discrepancies (facial deformity surgery)
- Bone grafting
To find out more or to book a consultation please call 01786 451669 or make an online enquiry here.