At BMI Mount Alvernia hospital we have a team of experienced consultant general physicians who can provide around the clock expert care for a broad range of conditions and illnesses.
Who is the service for?
You may not need surgery but an inpatient stay and some medical care and attention is required.
You or a loved one may require respite care, you may be suffering from multiple conditions that need some medical care and attention, or you may simple be fed up of not knowing what is really wrong with you and want the diagnosis and care you need. Either way we may be able to help.
Your consultant physician will manage your care, supported by a team of expert nurses and other clinicians where appropriate such as physiotherapists, occupational health therapists and complementary therapists. You will have access to onsite imaging and diagnostics if investigations are required and although general medical patients do not tend to need surgery, if a diagnosis results in the need for surgery, we have a network of specialist consultants and operating theatres available.
Our expert, personalised approach to care, coupled with the peaceful surroundings and your own private en-suite bedroom, will make your stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible.
Why choose us for general medical care?
- We provide rapid access to our service with a fast and efficient admission process
- Our service is consultant led so you have the reassurance that you are being cared for by a specialist, experienced physician
- We have a dedicated general medical nursing team, providing high quality, personalised care
- We have a multidisciplinary team approach which means you will have the support and care of other experienced clinicians to help you get back to good health, including physiotherapists, complementary therapists, dieticians and occupational health therapists.
- You have access to onsite imaging and diagnostics, managed by experienced consultant radiologists and radiographers, as well as an onsite pharmacy
- You have access to a network of specialist consultants if you require specialist care or treatment
- We provide high levels of back up care
- Your consultant and clinical team will work with you to ensure you are ready to go home before you are discharged
- You will receive care from the comfort of your own private room with en-suite, tailored menus, TV, Wi-Fi and newspapers
- We welcome patient visitors and offer flexible visiting hours
- Our general medical service is insurer approved meaning you should be covered by your private medical insurance policy*
- For those who do not have private medical insurance, we offer a pay for yourself package price option
How do I access BMI Mount Alvernia hospital’s general medical service?
If you think you or a loved one requires medical care or treatment, all you need to do is make one simple phone call our general medical services department.
Our senior nurse will ask some questions over the phone to ensure you or your loved one are suitable for admission into hospital**. Admission will then be arranged by the hospital.You will be under the care of the general medical nursing team and you will be assessed by your consultant physician within 4 hours of admission.
You can arrange admission yourself by calling our dedicated phone number. Alternatively your admission it can be arranged on your behalf by a relative, your GP, a carer or care home.
General medical service payment options
- Use your private medical insurance: Most medical insurers recognise our service and therefore are likely to cover medical care and treatment. However you must liaise with your insurer directly to ensure you are covered by your policy. You will need to activate your policy with your insurer but of course if you are admitted urgently; we can help administer the process.
- Pay for yourself: We offer a pay for yourself package price options which includes a daily fixed rate for your accommodation and medical care***. Knowing the price upfront means you won’t have to worry about the financials and can focus on what’s important, getting better. For patients paying for themselves, we will ask for your credit card details upon admission to act as a holding deposit.
To find out more about the general medical services at BMI Mount Alvernia Hospital or to find out how to access the service please call on 0800 029 4360.
Terms and conditions
*Please check the cover detail of your insurance policy with your insurer directly.
**We do not accept admissions for any person under the age of 18 years old. There are various medical conditions that we are unable to accept. The nurse will ask you questions over the phone to ensure it is suitable for you to be admitted into hospital.
***Our fixed price pay for yourself package includes accommodation, daily consultant visits, nursing care, low cost drugs and pathology, and access to some other healthcare professionals such as physiotherapists. The price does not include the initial consultant fee, imaging and diagnostics, high cost drugs and pathology and consultations, care or treatment provided by other specialist consultants.