BMI Ross Hall Hospital has a dedicated cardiology service that provides a range of non-invasive diagnostic tests, carried out by consultant cardiologists and cardiac physiologists.
These tests can be carried out on and out-patient or in-patient basis and include:
- 12 lead resting electrocardiogram (ECG)
- 24 hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- 24 hour ambulatory ECG monitoring
- Seven day event monitoring
- Exercise tolerance testing
- Cardiac ultrasound
Medical device follow up including pacemaker, implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD), cardiac resynchronisation therapy (CRT) and loop recorders
Direct referrals to the cardiology unit are accepted and all appropriate tests are reported by our consultant cardiologists.
BMI Ross Hall Hospital has a fully equipped digital cardiac catheterisation laboratory dedicated to obtaining information on the anatomy and physiology of the heart and its associated blood vessels.
The procedures undertaken by consultant cardiologists and include:
- Coronary angiogram
- Coronary angioplasty / stenting
- Implantation of cardiac resynchronisation therapy devices
- Implantation of pacemakers
- Implantation of loop recorders
To find out more about our cardiology capabilities please call 0141 810 3151 or make an online enquiry here.