We are pleased to offer enhanced physiotherapy rehabilitation with the AlterG® Anti-gravity Treadmill®.
This uses NASA technology to reduce weight going through the body from between 20 - 100% of body weight allowing patients to work on the treadmill without bearing full weight on lower body injuries or surgical areas.
The benefits include:
- Rehabilitation with less stress to joints and muscles, without the need for crutches for protection
- Enhanced rehabilitation for joint replacement patients, who use the treadmill shortly after surgery to aid movement and promote protected loading of joints
- Patients with some long term conditions can see benefits with walking that they find hard with normal gravity
Conditions that are likely to respond well to physiotherapy incorporating the AlterG® Anti-gravity Treadmill® include:
Packages and Prices
- Knee and hip arthritis
- Sports injuries
- Foot and ankle pain
- Initial session with Physiotherapist to assess and discuss programme, set goals and experience Alter G 1 hour = £50
- 30 minutes £26
- 300 minutes (10 x 30 minutes) = £230 (£23 per 30 min)
- 450 minutes (15 x 30 minutes) = £330 (£22 per 30 min)
- 600 minutes (20 x 30 minutes) = £400 (£20 per 30 min)
All packages to be paid in advance and completed over 3-6 months. Sessions are booked in 15 minute blocks. No refunds will be given for failure to complete a package.
Read about a patient's experience with the AlterG and how it helped with his recovery.
Please call 0141 810 3151 for more information on physiotherapy treatments available at BMI Ross Hall Hospital, including self-pay pricing.