At BMI Ross Hall Hospital in Glasgow we offer private colorectal surgery, which deals with repairing damage caused by disorders in the rectum, anus and colon. It can also be required in cases of obstruction, injury or ischemia or when blockages are preventing the normal elimination of faeces.
Private colorectal surgery in Glasgow may be offered to those with:
- Colorectal cancer
- Ulcerative colitis
- Crohn’s disease
- Anal fissures
- Rectal prolapse
- Bowel incontinence
We offer a range of private surgical and non-invasive treatments to treat colorectal and bowel conditions, these include:
- Abdominal surgery for Crohn's Disease
- Anal fistula surgery
- Colostomy, closure of loop
- Haemorrhoidal artery ligation
- Ileostomy, closure of loop
- Laparoscopic colectomy
- Laparoscopic ileoanal pouch surgery
- Pilonidal sinus surgery
- Reversal of Hartmann's procedure
- Sigmoid colectomy for diverticular disease
- Sphincterotomy, lateral internal
- Stapled Haemorrhoidectomy
- Surgery for pilonidal disease
- Surgery for rectal prolapse
Private Rafaelo® procedure in Glasgow
We are pleased to be the only private hospital in Scotland able to provide the Rafaelo® procedure which utilises safe and reliable radio frequency technology to reduce, and in most cases, eliminate the common symptoms of internal haemorrhoids.
The procedure is carried out in our Endoscopy Department under local anaesthetic (and a mild sedative if required) by Consultant Colorectal Surgeon, Mr Jim McCourtney and takes no longer than 15 minutes. Radio frequency energy will be applied with the use of an anoscope to each haemorrhoid which will reduce the blood flow to it, thus making it shrink and disappear.
It is recommended for all grades of internal haemorrhoids, however some grade 4 haemorrhoids may only be reduced and not completely removed.
Benefits of the private Rafaelo® procedure
- Minimally invasive
- A day case procedure and does not require an overnight stay
- Performed using local anaesthetic
- Usually takes no longer than 15 minutes
- Relieves symptoms immediately
- Minimal post-operative after-care and recovery time
- Patients can return to their daily activities straight away
- Can be used to treat all grades of internal haemorrhoids
Accessing private healthcare is easy, whether you choose to pay directly or use private medical insurance.
If you are paying for yourself, we can usually offer an upfront cost which you can then choose to pay in full or access one of our easy payment options.
If you have insurance, we can arrange direct settlement with your insurance provider, although you should check in advance to see if your treatment is covered. For more information, visit our private medical insurance page.