BMI Ross Hall Hospital in Glasgow is one of very few private hospitals in the UK to offer advanced critical care facilities through a full level III intensive care unit. Such advanced capabilities have enabled us to treat cases over many years at the highest level of complexity, including major spinal, bariatric, gynaecological and urological surgery as well as complex orthopaedic and major bowel surgery.
Our Private Intensive Care Unit in Glasgow provides dedicated and specialised care for:
- Critically ill patients
- Patients requiring advanced care following major complex surgical procedures
- Patients with a variety of medical conditions who require complex multi-organ support
- High risk patients undergoing minor/intermediate procedures e.g. patients with sleep apnoea, or complex medical histories
In addition to major and complex surgical cases, our ITU level III facilities provide all of our patients and consultants with a distinct advantage above and beyond many smaller private hospitals - our ability to offer the highest level of critical care back-up for any procedure undertaken at the hospital. The ability to cover every eventuality provides reassurance to our consultants and patients, and helps us to attract leading specialists.
With five Level 3 ITU beds, the private Intensive Care Unit is staffed by a skilled, dynamic and motivated nursing team with 24 hour support from the multi-disciplinary team including:
- Consultants in Intensive Care Medicine
- Critical Care Resident Medical Officers
- Pathology Service
Through our team we are able to offer adult and planned paediatric patients (over 16 years of age), 24 hour access to non-invasive and advanced mechanical ventilation, modern continuous haemodynamic monitoring systems and different modalities of renal replacement therapy.
Our private ITU in Glasgow regularly supports major complex procedures including:
- Bariatric surgery
- Complex gynaecological procedures
- ENT – tumour, thyroid, neck
- General surgery – bowel surgery, laparoscopic
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Orthopaedic and sarcoma surgery
- Renal/urological procedures
- Spinal surgery
Accessing private healthcare is easy, whether you choose to pay directly or use private medical insurance.
If you are paying for yourself, we can usually offer an upfront cost which you can then choose to pay in full or access one of our easy payment options.
If you have insurance, we can arrange direct settlement with your insurance provider, although you should check in advance to see if your treatment is covered. For more information, visit our private medical insurance page.