Offered at BMI Ross Hall Hospital in Glasgow, Lifestyle Medicine is a branch of medicine that deals with the research, prevention and treatments of disorders caused by lifestyle factors such as nutrition, physical inactivity and stress. It is an evidence-based approach and uses the best available science to produce positive clinical outcomes.
Private Lifestyle Medicine in Glasgow
A powerful way to prevent, treat and often, reverse disease. Some of the many conditions that benefit from private lifestyle medicine interventions include:
- Heart Disease
- High Cholesterol
- Chronic Pain
- Digestive Disorders
- Six pillars of private lifestyle medicine
Six pillars of private lifestyle medicine
- Healthy Eating - Nourish the body with the foods that are best by learning about and taking steps towards a whole food plant-based diet.
- Physical Activity - Increase fitness and keep active throughout the day for a healthy mind and body.
- Sleep - Good quality sleep is the foundation of great health and gives energy to keep the other lifestyle pillars in check.
- Stress Management - Start living a calmer, more balanced life by developing skills to cope with stress and build resilience.
- Positive Relationships - For true happiness and longevity, learn to love yourself and strengthen relationships with others.
- Smoking Cessation - Avoiding risky substances such as cigarettes, alcohol and drugs will support and sustain your other healthy behaviours.
- Why choose private lifestyle medicine?
Why choose private lifestyle medicine?
- It uses the best available current science
- It is based on decades of research
- It promotes every aspect of health and well-being
- It can reduce or eliminate medications
- It produces incredible results for improved health
Private Lifestyle Medicine Consultant in Glasgow:
Dr Laura Freeman, Certified Lifestyle Medicine Physician
Accessing private healthcare is easy, whether you choose to pay directly or use private medical insurance.
If you are paying for yourself, we can usually offer an upfront cost which you can then choose to pay in full or access one of our easy payment options.
If you have insurance, we can arrange direct settlement with your insurance provider, although you should check in advance to see if your treatment is covered. For more information, visit our private medical insurance page.