We are pleased to be the only private hospital in Scotland able to provide the Rafaelo® procedure which utilises safe and reliable radio frequency technology to reduce, and in most cases, eliminate the common symptoms of internal haemorrhoids.
The procedure is carried out in our Endoscopy Department under local anaesthetic (and a mild sedative if required) by Consultant Colorectal Surgeon, Mr Jim McCourtney and takes no longer than 15 minutes. Radio frequency energy will be applied with the use of an anoscope to each haemorrhoid which will reduce the blood flow to it, thus making it shrink and disappear.
It is recommended for all grades of internal haemorrhoids, however some grade 4 haemorrhoids may only be reduced and not completely removed.
BENEFITS OF RAFAELO®:
- Minimally invasive
- A day case procedure and does not require an overnight stay
- Performed using local anaesthetic
- Usually takes no longer than 15 minutes
- Relieves symptoms immediately
- Minimal post-operative after-care and recovery time
- Patients can return to their daily activities straight away
- Can be used to treat all grades of internal haemorrhoids
Mr Jim McCourtney
Rafaelo® is covered by most insurance companies and can also be provided on a self-pay basis. Please check your cover details with your insurer directly.