Rheumatology investigates diagnoses and manages patients with musculoskeletal (MSK) conditions such as, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis and osteoporosis. There are over 200 musculoskeletal conditions and disorders that affect the bones, joints, muscles and soft tissues and at BMI Ross Hall Hospital we can help diagnose and treat them.
Your consultant may be able to reassure you that what you are experiencing is nothing to be concerned about or they can discuss treatment options that could relieve your symptoms so you can return to enjoying your life. If treatment is required, you and your Consultant Rheumatologist can decide the best route for you and develop a tailor-made treatment package to achieve optimum results.
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Psoriatic arthritis
- Lupus including full spectrum of connective tissue disorders
- Polymyalgia Rheumatica
- Soft tissue conditions with provision of steroid injections
- Autoimmune rheumatic disorders
- Spinal pain
COMMON CONCERNS FOR SEEING A RHEUMATOLOGIST
- Persistent joint pain
- Inflammation indicated by joint swelling
- Tenderness of the joints
- Stiffness, redness, warmth
- Joint deformity
- Loss of range of motion or flexibility
- Fatigue, lack of energy, weakness
To find out more or to book a consultation please call 0141 810 3151 or make an online enquiry here.