Ross Hall Hospital’s new Sports Injuries Clinic aims to provide fast assessment and diagnosis to professional sports people and enthusiasts with an acute or chronic injury. We understand how important sports and general fitness are, so we work with you to reach your goal of returning to fitness as quickly and safely as possible.
Our sports injury clinic is co-managed by both a physiotherapist and one of our Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeons and Sports Injury specialist, Mr Jonathan Dearing. The specialist sports injury clinic offers a comprehensive patient-centred service for treatment and rehabilitation using the most up to date research based techniques.
Put yourself in safe hands
At your first appointment you will be assessed by Mr Dearing and our physiotherapist. Our experienced on site teams are all experts in their fields and boast specialists in numerous areas including shoulders, elbows, upper limbs, and hips and knees.
At BMI Ross Hall Hospital’s Sports Injury Clinic we use our expertise to not only offer the best treatment available for your injury, but also to evaluate the underlying causes of injury in order to help prevent future problems. We can offer you advice on prevention of sports injuries, warm up and muscle training specific to your sport and muscle imbalance and overuse. If you need further treatment, Mr Dearing can facilitate a fast referral into his Orthopaedic clinic.
All of our physiotherapists are members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists and work closely as part of an integrated multi-disciplinary team. The experienced staff and technology within our teams have led to a number of elite athletes choosing to have their diagnosis and treatment at Ross Hall Hospital.
You will benefit from:
- Consultation with a leading sports physician and sports injury physiotherapist
- Fast access to treatment and on-site diagnostic tests including ultrasound and X-ray
- Access to on-site MRI scanning facilities
- Gym equipment to facilitate rehabilitation including the Alter-G anti-gravity treadmill
- Clear pricing, offering peace of mind for those patients without private medical insurance
- Convenient opening hours
Sports injuries treated include the following:
- Muscle tears
- Tendon and ligament injuries
- Hand tendon and ligament injuries
- Overuse injuries
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Knee, ankle and foot pain
- Shoulder problems
- Tennis/golfers elbow
To book an appointment or find out more information please call us on 0141 810 3151 or make an online enquiry.