At BMI Sarum Road Hospital in Winchester, our team offers help and treatment for a range of gynaecological problems.
Nearly every woman will suffer from a gynaecological problem at some time in her life. Most are not life threatening and many only affect you at certain times of the month, but this can still have an impact on your quality of life.
At BMI Sarum Road Hospital, our team can make fast diagnosis and can help to treat or manage a wide range of conditions.
With significant medical advances made in gynaecology in recent years, many treatments, such as hysterectomy, now have minimally invasive alternatives. Together, you and your consultant can decide the best route for you and develop a tailor-made treatment package to achieve optimum results.
Do I need to see a gynaecologist?
Gynaecology is the area of medicine concerning the female reproductive system. You might want to see a gynaecologist if you are experiencing symptoms such as:
- Heavy periods
- Bleeding between periods
- Intermittent or irregular periods
- Abdominal or pelvic pain during or between periods
- Irregular discharge
- Itching or burning
- Dispareunia (painful intercourse)
- Failure to conceive
- Sensation of prolapse
- Stress incontinence
What treatments do you offer?
Our multidisciplinary team of gynaecological specialists offers treatment for a wide range of conditions including:
- Early pregnancy
- Heavy periods (menorrhagia)
- HPV screening and vaccinations
- Investigate and treat urinary incontinence
- Painful periods (dysmenorrhoea)
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Screening and treatment for cervical, ovarian, uterine, womb and vulval cancers
- Vaginal and uterine prolapse
At BMI Sarum Road Hospital we will work with you to decide on the best course of treatment for your individual needs. We offer a variety of surgical and non-surgical treatments and will put together a bespoke treatment plan.
Your consultant will take care to explain any recommendations to you. Before suggesting any treatments, they’ll take into account your personal circumstances such as your age, your health and whether you want to have children.
Common treatments and diagnostic tests we offer at BMI Sarum Road include:
Why come to BMI Sarum Road Hospital?
At BMI Sarum Road’s gynaecology clinic you can expect:
- Rapid access to an appointment with a consultant gynaecologist of your choice – usually within 48 hours
- Support from a multidisciplinary team of specialists
- Access to a range of diagnostic facilities
- Excellent care and support throughout your journey with us
- An enhanced recovery programme (ERP) to help ensure a speedy recovery and get you back to normal life as soon as possible