Physiotherapy can help with a wide range of injuries and conditions including back and neck pain, repetitive strain injuries, joint pain and arthritis, muscle injuries, post-surgery rehabilitation, and sports injuries.
At BMI Shirley Oaks Hospital, Croydon we have Physiotherapists that specialise in a wide variety of treatments such as Women’s Health, Acupuncture, Pilates and Sports Physiotherapy. All of the physiotherapists are HCPC registered and members of the Chartered Society under Integrated Care.
Your first visit will involve an assessment of your condition so that a treatment programme can be specifically developed for you. We offer a wide range of therapies that are often used in combination in a treatment programme.
All BMI Physiotherapists work closely as part of our integrated multi-disciplinary teams within our hospitals so that if necessary, you can benefit from fast referrals and access to the latest imaging technologies to help accurately diagnose and aid treatment pathway decisions. We provide on-site access to diagnostic imaging services which may include; x-ray, MRI and CT scans.
Our physiotherapists at BMI Shirley Oaks Hospital, Croydon offer the following services:
- Acupuncture physiotherapy - can be used on its own or in combination with physiotherapy to help treat a range of musculoskeletal conditions.
- Bracing - you may benefit from bracing if you have been suffering with painful joints, stability issues or have ongoing pain. Braces can also help with rehabilitation and returning to sport.
- Hand therapy - provides assessment and holistic rehabilitation for patients with a hand or upper limb injury or condition. The treatment is tailored to your needs and focuses on helping you get back to the day to day activities that you enjoy.
- Pelvic health physiotherapy - pelvic health physiotherapists are specially trained to assess and treat a range of conditions that can cause pelvic problems, such as incontinence of the bladder or bowel, or pelvic pain.
- Physiotherapy for sports injuries - the diagnosis and treatment of muscle, joint and nerve problems caused by practicing a sport or exercising, including muscle imbalances, joint pain and post-fracture rehabilitation. The aim is to get you back to sport as soon as possible.
- Pilates - a form of exercise that may improve balance, strength, posture, flexibility and circulation. It focuses on strengthening the core abdominal and back muscles.
- Rehabilitation services (post operative only) - aims to improve function after surgery or injuries including fractures, accidents, chronic spinal conditions, strokes, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, cranial surgery and cardiac surgery.
You can find out more about the physiotherapy team at BMI Shirley Oaks Hospital here.
The purpose-built physio-gym at our hospital let our physiotherapists work with you to provide expert advice and develop an exercise programme which meets your specific needs. Exercise forms an important part of physiotherapy.
The aim is to increase mobility, muscle strength, and general fitness, build core stability, and reduce symptoms.
Our gym includes:
- Free weights
- Pilates reformer
- Bosu ball
- Wobble boards