To minimise any risks to our patients and staff we will be triaging all Private Walk In Centre patients over the telephone or video, to ensure that it is both necessary and safe for them to attend the site. Please call directly on 0161 246 3761.
This service is ideal for patients with minor injuries or minor illnesses, and we continue to offer phlebotomy and imaging services where required.
Unfortunately, at present, we are unable to accept medical admissions, so acutely unwell patients will be advised to attend A&E.
Private Walk-in Centre in Manchester… no appointment necessary!
If you live in Manchester, Stockport or Cheshire, our Private Walk-in Centre is a convenient service for minor accidents, injuries and illnesses, and also offers clinical tests for patients over the age of 3 years.
Private Walk-in Centre in Manchester
Located within a fully equipped private hospital, the Private Walk-in Centre offers a calm and relaxed environment where you will be seen by experienced nurses or qualified doctors.
Although waiting times may vary on rare occasions, we aim to see you within 15 minutes of your arrival here at BMI The Alexandra Hospital.
- Musculoskeletal and sports injuries including fractures - we have range of imaging modalities available to assist in the diagnosis of the injury.
- Sprains and strains
- Cuts, grazes and lacerations
- Wound care
- Travel clinic and selected vaccinations
- Flu vaccine
- Medical conditions including infections and inflammatory diseases
- General medical conditions
- Gynaecological conditions (this excludes pregnancy related complications)
- Ear, nose and throat conditions
- Urinary problems and other urological conditions
- Abdominal conditions including stomach, bowel and bladder conditions
- Eye problems
- Skin conditions
- The Exclusions
- Acute abdominal pain
- Acute chest pain
- Sudden onset of speech problems, facial asymmetry or weakness which may suggest a stroke
- Severe neck and back pain of acute onset or after an injury
- Acute weakness in arms or legs
- Severe breathing problems
- Head injuries including facial injuries
- Major injuries/trauma
- Major bleeding
- Mental health illness
- Pregnancy related complications and obstetric patients
- If you think your condition requires emergency attention or an ambulance please attend your local NHS Casualty.
- If you are unsure about your condition, and need further advice and if this could be treated or managed in our Private Walk-in Centre, then please call BMI The Alexandra Hospital.
Please note if you require travel health or a flu vaccination, you will need to call us beforehand, so we can ensure the nurse in charge is available for your treatment.
If necessary, the Private Walk-in Centre is able to offer private onward referrals to specialist consultants for further investigations, whether this is routinely or as an emergency.
Monday to Friday*: 10am-8pm (last appointment 7:30pm) and Saturday & Sunday*: 10am-6pm (last appointment 5:30pm).
*Children aged between 3 and 16 can only be seen Monday to Friday. Children cannot be seen at the Private Walk-in Centre on a Saturday or Sunday.
What is the cost?
The consultation fee is £89.50. Please note that this fee is for an assessment only. If treatment or investigations are required for example blood tests, urinalysis or x-rays, these will incur additional charges, which you will be advised on during your assessment.
Accessing private healthcare is easy, whether you choose to pay directly or use private medical insurance.
If you are paying for yourself, we can usually offer an upfront cost which you can then choose to pay in full or access one of our easy payment options.
If you have insurance, we can arrange direct settlement with your insurance provider, although you should check in advance to see if your treatment is covered. For more information, visit our private medical insurance page.