Fast access to urgent care....No appointment necessary
If you live in Manchester or Cheshire, our Urgent Care Centre is a convenient walk-in service for minor accidents, injuries and illnesses, and also offers clinical tests for patients over the age of 3 years.
Located within a fully equipped private hospital, the Urgent Care Centre offers a calm and relaxed environment where you will be seen by experienced nurses or qualified doctors. Although waiting times may vary on rare occasions, we aim to see you within 15 minutes of your arrival here at BMI The Alexandra Hospital.
Some of the key services we offer and treatments we can assist with at the walk in clinic are:
- Musculoskeletal and sports injuries including fractures - we have range of imaging modalities available to assist in the diagnosis of the injury
- Sprains and strains
- Cuts, grazes and lacerations
- Wound care
- Travel clinic and selected vaccinations
- Flu vaccine
- Medical conditions including infections and inflammatory diseases
- General medical conditions
- Gynaecological conditions (this excludes pregnancy related complications)
- Ear, nose and throat conditions
- Urinary problems and other urological conditions
- Abdominal conditions including stomach, bowel and bladder conditions
- Eye problems
- Skin conditions
The exclusions are:
- Acute abdominal pain
- Acute chest pain
- Sudden onset of speech problems, facial asymmetry or weakness which may suggest a stroke
- Severe neck and back pain of acute onset or after an injury
- Acute weakness in arms or legs
- Severe breathing problems
- Head injuries including facial injuries
- Major injuries/trauma
- Major bleeding
- Mental health illness
- Pregnancy related complications and obstetric patients
If you think your condition requires emergency attention or an ambulance please attend your local NHS Casualty. If you are unsure about your condition and need further advice and if this could be treated or managed in our urgent care centre then please ring the Urgent Care Nurse or Doctor.
Please note if you require travel health or a flu vaccination, you will need to call us beforehand so we can ensure the nurse in charge is available for your treatment.
If necessary, the Urgent Care Centre is able to offer private onward referrals to specialist consultants for further investigations, whether this is routinely or as an emergency.
Opening hours: Monday to Friday*: 10am- 8pm and Saturday& Sunday*: 10am- 6pm.
Please note the last appointment is 30 mins prior to closing.
*Children aged between 3 and 16 year olds can only be seen between 10am and 6pm Monday to Friday
What is the cost?
The consultation fee is £85. Please note that this fee is for an assessment only. If treatment or investigations are required for example blood tests, urinalysis or x-rays, these will incur additional charges, which you will be advised on during your assessment. The BMI Card is a unique credit card that allows you to spread the cost of healthcare, with 12 months’ interest free credit. The Urgent Care Centre accepts the BMI card as a payment method for treatment received. Click here for more details on the BMI Card.
If you have private medical insurance, you will need authorisation for any onward referral to a specialist consultant, which you will need to directly discuss with your private medical insurance provider. We therefore recommend that you bring your insurance details with you if this is a possibility.
There is no obligation to proceed with any treatment or investigation after the initial assessment.