If you're looking for more information on hernias, join us for a free patient health talk hosted by Mr David Smith, Consultant General Surgeon, on Thursday 24th October 2019 at The Beaumont Hospital.
What is a hernia?
A hernia occurs when an internal part of the body protrudes through a weakness in the muscle or surrounding tissue wall. This can be caused by a number of factors, such as age, chronic coughing, lifting heavy weights and constipation.
What it is the event about?
The event will focus on the causes of hernias, how they can be prevented and the surgical and non-surgical treatments available. If you would like to understand more about hernias for yourself or somebody close to you, this is a great opportunity to speak directly to one of our experienced consultants, ask questions and receive helpful advice.
Reasons to attend:
- Get the advice you need directly from one of our consultants
- Discuss the treatment options available to you
- Visit our hospital and see the facilities
- Find out more about our flexible payment options
Appointments are limited, so pre-booking is essential.
WHERE: The Beaumont Hospital in Lostock, Bolton.
WHEN: Thursday, 24th October 2019, 18:30pm - 19:30pm
WHO: Mr David Smith, Consultant General Surgeon
Free parking is available and refreshments will be provided on arrival. Spaces are limited, so please book early to avoid disappointment. You are welcome to bring a guest with you.
How to book:
If you have any questions, please feel free to call our friendly enquiry team on 0800 092 8667.
Terms and conditions:
- Appointments subject to availability
- The event is open to those over the age of 18
- Offer is valid Thursday 24th October 2019 (6:30pm - 7:30pm) only
- Following the event, for patients intending to proceed with treatment, it is recommended they book a full consultation which may be chargeable
- Due to limited space we request that attendees bring a maximum of one guest with them
Health talk, Hernia
David Christopher Smith